C-sections

Ergo and sling after c-section

I have a scheduled c-section next week and am really looking forward to wearing my DS in either a sling or the Ergo carrier however I'm curious if I'll be able to do so right away after a c-section. Any ladies with experience using a carrier shortly after a CS?

Re: Ergo and sling after c-section

• I have  Beco. I used mine a day or two after my c-section. It was constant pressure over the area of my incision and the support actually made it feel better. My doctor never told me not to use the carrier but I didn't ask either. I would think you would be fine as long as it feels ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't use one with DD1 but I would assume it's alright since the only thing you are really allowed to carry is your baby. However I don't know for sure. Even so, you could get one and then use the carrier after 4-6 weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a baby bjorn afterwards. But I think I waited a week or two. The bjorn doesn't sit on the incision area like ergo might. I think it's ultimately up to you and how you are feeling afterwards. If it feels comfortable, go for it.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I used my moby soon after but the ergo took a few weeks as the bottom part basically was over the incision. You might do best with your sling first. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I might break out my woven wrap today - 10 days PP.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Thank you for your input! I'll start with the sling and see how it feels.:)
  • I'm thinking that my Ergo won't work very well post c/s. Plus it's pretty bulky for a newborn. I didn't buy the newborn insert because I just didn't think I'd use it enough.

I'm planning to buy a ring sling, and from what I've seen, that won't push on the incision site at all. 

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I used a moby after DD was born.  I don't remember exactly how soon after, but definitely by 2-3 weeks if not before.  The moby can be tied higher than the incision depending on how you wear it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • i was using my ergo (with infant insert) before baby was 2 weeks old. i was wearing a belly bandit under my clothes though, so i think that helped make me not worry about the carrier rubbing my incision as it was protected by the belly bandit..we're 6 months out now and i've healed quite well..so it certainly didnt hurt me any..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"