C-sections
Options

After the C-section

Is it possible to have a flat tummy after a C-section?  Mine was 11 months ago and I'm back down to pre-baby weight (I'm 5'4", 115#) but I still look like I'm 4 months pregnant.  Any tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: After the C-section

• Options

With any abdominal surgery, air gets inside of you. I wasn't too swollen right after my C-section but had really bad gas because of the air. Same thing happened to my Mom with all 3 of her abdominal surgeries, sometimes the gas is more painful she said.  When you had your first, was your tummy flat or did it take some time to go down?

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oops! Sorry about that, pregnancy brain moment..I saw 4 months pregnant. I lost my weight within the year and still had a jiggly belly and looser skin but I was told it was because they cut your abdominal muscles to do the section. Good question though..there has to be someone out here that has the opposite and went back to a flat belly
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's possible. My stomach is back to the way it was before. I'm not really sure what to suggest in the way of tips. I just kind of went back to my normal pre-preg workout routine a few weeks PP. I did take an abs class so that probably helped.

They do not cut your abs for a c-section.They move the muscles.

A C-section is a surgical procedure so there will always be some scarring, but unlike what most women think, your doctor will not be cutting through muscle with the exception of the uterus. When a C-section is performed, two sets of abdominal muscles are separated from one another but are NOT cut. 

I would do a Google search of core exercises to try and see if those help! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My stomach went back to 'normal, flat' after about 9 months.  But I ran, I toned up and did sit up almost daily.  It was alot of work.  hoping it's not going to be like that again this time....ugh.  But it can go back to normal!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

i had my c-section 12 weeks ago and aside from maybe a little extra skin everything is pretty much back to normal. im 4lbs over pre pregnancy weight. i think breast feeding helped a lot, i dropped like 30 lbs in the first 4 weeks PP. i had a long complicated csection. i had a 18cm cyst on my ovary that had to be removed during my surgery, and my muscles did have to be cut. about 3 weeks ago i started doing light abdominal excersises on the floor when LO was doing tummy time. once or twice a day for a few minutes, and ive actually noticed a difference, it feels a bit tighter. idk if you have tried some light workouts but that may help. but listen to your body and start slow!

• Options
    My stomach is back to the size it was before I got pregnant except its saggy-er.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"