Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

HEB-- Anyone? Anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has delivered at HEB Hospital the mid cities area? If so- care to share your experiences? I am really debating between there and Baylor in Grapevine. If I go Baylor, I'll have to change my OB-- which isn't such a huge deal this early on.

Help! : ) 

Re: HEB-- Anyone? Anyone?

• I delivered my first at HEB and I'll be having my second there as well. The rooms are very big and some of the nurses are absolute angels! You can always request to get a new nurse if you feel they're not a right match for you(wish I had done this) I would have rather had my first nurse for the actual L&D than the one that was in there.

They're big advocates of breastfeeding, which was good for me but everyones choices are their own to make. They don't offer pacifiers because of this so if you do decide to go to HEB be sure to pack one! Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A good friend delivered at HEB and had a good experience. I delivered at Baylor Grapevine and couldn't have had a better stay. All of my nurses and the rest of the staff was incredible. I've also had good luck with their breastfeeding support which seems to be a main complaint. Don't think you could go wrong with either hospital.
    After 22 months TTC and the loss of our identical twins at 10w6d, we're excited about our rainbow baby!
    Stick, baby, Stick!
    Beta #1 (12dpo): 38.3; Beta #2 (15dpo): 202.7
    Baby Girl born 1/17/13
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFemNik214:

The rooms are very big and some of the nurses are absolute angels!

They're big advocates of breastfeeding, which was good for me but everyones choices are their own to make.

This!  I had a great experience there as well.  After DD was born, I could take as much time as I wanted just cuddling her and when I was ready for them to give her a bath, they brought everything into the room.  She never left the room for anything.  I had tremendous help with BF.  I didn't get that at Baylor Grapevine with DS, but that was also 9 years ago so things may have changed.

The post partum room was big and comfy.  Had plenty of room for all of our vistors. My DD had to go to the NICU and the nurses would come and check on me and make sure I was eating and keep visitors at bay when I had had enough.  They really were angels.  When DD was transferred to Cook's, the head nurse of the NICU at HEB stopped by DD's room just to see how she was doing.  It was very touching that she would take time out of her busy day to do that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am actually going to be delivering at HEB Methodist too!  I haven't had my baby yet, but I did have a d&c at this facility last year and it was the best experience I could have asked for under the circumstances. The outpatient rooms were really nice, and spaceous, and the nurses were so sweet and attentive!

I am going to be taking a tour soon of the maternity ward, so I can only expect it will be much better since its a "happy" wing of the hospital!

• Just had little miss on Monday and I'm in here likely till Wednesday so from the inside perspective rather than just memory it's great. Every one of my nurses have been angels this time around, no grumpy or cranky ones at all. The pediatrician who has been taking care of my little girl is awesome, and in general the food is not bad(just don't get the scrambled eggs in the morning, that's the only thing I didn't care for)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFemNik214:
    Just had little miss on Monday and I'm in here likely till Wednesday so from the inside perspective rather than just memory it's great. Every one of my nurses have been angels this time around, no grumpy or cranky ones at all. The pediatrician who has been taking care of my little girl is awesome, and in general the food is not bad(just don't get the scrambled eggs in the morning, that's the only thing I didn't care for)

Congratulations on your baby girl!!  Hope you get some rest before heading home.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Im due in October and will be delivering there too! And my bestfriend had her twins there about 3 years ago and the nurses were very attentive and nice. Its clean and the maternity ward is fairly new. So I wouldnt expect anything less then a great experiance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"