School-Aged Children
Options

Cheap party ideas

Is there any cheap or free fun games and cute decor for a cowgirl themed birthday party she will be turning six thanks so much in advance

Re: Cheap party ideas

• Options

One of the best kid homemade party game I've ever seen is the penny toss game.  

Take a sheet of shelf paper or poster board.  Draw or paint some blobs or circles on the paper.  These circles will be the targets to aim for with the pennies.  Use a sharpie to label them with point values.  Keep a dish of pennies or poker chips near the game board for kids to toss.

The great thing about this basic game concept is that you can use it in a bunch of different ways, depending on the age of the kids and your party theme.  When my son turned six, we used this game at his pokemon birthday party.  Kids did the penny toss game to earn "poke tickets" that they could spend at the "poke mart." 

Whenever I have used this game or seen it used, it's been incredibly popular.  Best of all, I have found that six year olds need almost no supervision to manage this game in an informal way on their own.  They'll take turns tossing, then pick up all the pennies, then toss again without you doing anything! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

Sometimes some of the older games are still the most fun. Musical chairs (you could do musical horses and have them step on pictures taped to the ground). Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, maybe pin the tail on the horse, or pin the hat on the cowgirl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pin the tail on the horse or hat on the cowgirl, buy thick dowel rods have them make paper horse heads (have outlines for them to color in and cut out, Attach two together stuffing with the extra paper) and use a yarn to make tails and then they can gallop around on their own "horses", teach them horse paces "gallop, walk, run,canter" and then do it to music while you call out the pace they should be doing. Round up the cows (use balloons and they have to get them into a box using only a jump rope, no hands). As for decor, I don't think kids care. A birthday girl banner is easy to to make with a few balloon. Have your kid color and cut out horse shoes to tape to windows or walls. I made vest from felt that only required sewing at the shoulders for a pirate party. It would work well for a cowgirl party too and was easy and cheap and doubled as part of the party favors. I'm sure you could google a pattern to cut out.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • Options

Tug of war

Lasso the "Daddy"

Decorate a horse shoe - you can find old horse shoes and let kids decorate w/ stickers and paint  or find wood ones from Michaels in a set $2 each at craft stores

Straw/Barrels of hay for decor or for sitting if outside

Dollar Tree/Dollar store has bandanas you can fill with candy/stickers as party bags (Thank you bags)

Old milk bottles or cartons ring toss

Scavenger hunt or "trail hunt" 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

• Options
    Never ever underestimate the "oldies"... Also, if you've got a farm store near you (Fleet Farm, Blain's Farm & Fleet, Tractor Supply, Nasco, etc.) that'll make for a lot of ideas/options.. If you're open to the idea, Pony tails/hair braiding/"mane" coloring.. Straw cowboy hats... A game of horse shoes.. Lasso the animal (get some stuffed animals such as a lamb and calf..)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for the late response it's been really hectic.I appreciate all the replys from everyone. All the ideas are great. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"