Minnesota Babies
Options

Today's side-eye goes to...

The plowing capabilities of different counties.

Each workday, I drive through Sherburne, Anoka, and Hennepin counties.  I don't understand how Sherburne can manage to get their main roads scraped completely clear of snow about 95% of the time and the other two counties completely suck at it.

Anyway...that's just my random rant for the day.  ;-)

Re: Today's side-eye goes to...

• Options
    I sometimes wonder if it is volume of roads to work on.  Hennepin and Anoka are pretty population dense and maybe have more roads?
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:
    I sometimes wonder if it is volume of roads to work on.  Hennepin and Anoka are pretty population dense and maybe have more roads?

That is likely a part of it, but 169 in Sherburne County is plenty busy...they manage to scrap that puppy down to bare pavement most of the time, despite rush hour traffic.  That doesn't mean people still don't drive like it is glare ice, but that's another matter entirely.

Anyway, I'm sure what you say is true, but it drives me bonkers.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I grew up in Hennepin County (Edina) and the roads were always perfect.  Moved to UPtown and then S. Mpls after college, and life with an alley and snow emergency routes in the city was HORRIBLE!  They never plowed on time, people didn't move their cars and they only reliably towed half the time, alleys were a mess... I was just visiting my rental property in S. Mpls the other day, and couldn't WAIT to get back down to Savage (moved to the burbs last year), and hide from the city.  Hahah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

This all just amazes me in general.  I grew up the daughter of a town chairman in WI and my gosh you knew who the former city slickers were because they'd call to complain if the roads weren't instantly cleaned off when the county was who was doing the plowing and had to get the main drag "hospital route" roads cleaned off first.  More than one time did we say "If the roads are that bad, STAY HOME, going shopping is not worth risking your life!".. 

What gets me is you go from the Wisconsin side of 94 to the Minnesota side..  It's like going from clean and clear roads to hasn't seen a plow in weeks roads once the border into MN is passed.  But what REALLY bugs me you ask...  When you meet multiple plows, and NONE of them have their blades down while vehicles are spinning out.  What also amazes me is I grew up where they used a combination of sand/salt instead of all salt or chemical and now that seems to be all they use..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"