July 2011 Moms

How did you?!

I am not feeling well today so I plan on doing NOTHING! I figured I would ask a bunch of questions while brainstorming ideas for LO #2.

1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? 

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families?

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies?

4. How did you tell the social media world?!

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child?

Re: How did you?!

• 1) I am pregnant

2) I am pregnant

3) It's a girl

4) See above

5) We haven't gotten there yet. I'm sure I'll probably just get her a bunch of books about siblings, she loves books. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? I called him while hysterical, in disbelief. I kept telling him to come home, even though he was already on his way. 

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families? I told my aunt, and she got drunk and outed us at Thanksgiving lol

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies? Sent a text with her name and ultrasound pic.

4. How did you tell the social media world?! Posted the pic and her name

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child? None of that happening here yet, sadly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) He was sitting next to me waiting for the pee stick to dry. I was staring at it and he asked what it said. I replied, "I think it says I'm pregnant." :)

2) We were married a couple weeks before Christmas and put together an album of our wedding pictures and the very last one was a surprised look on both of our faces and a caption under it read: Wedding dress: $xxxx, Tux: $xxx, Food: $xxx, the look on your face when we tell you there are three people in this picture: priceless!

This only worked for my ILs. I told my mom the night before my wedding and she told a friend with a big drunk mouth and my dad found out. He was heartbroken and so was I.

3) I went to my a/s alone and had the tech print off a picture and H and I opened it together. Then I called family members and told them.

4) I think I posted a nice picture of the two of us and the caption said: We're expecting: Baby Perez is coming July 2011! 

5) No other children to prepare. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • . How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? both times: ran downstairs waving pee stick! I wanted to do something cutesy but couldnt hold in my excitement

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families? With DS- with my parents I filled a plastic pumpkin (found out day before halloween) with bibs that said i love grandma/pa.  This LO: put DS in a big bro onesie (see siggy)and let everyone see it for themselves.

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies? team green/for both

4. How did you tell the social media world?! general announcement- just said we were expecing and when

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child?havent thought of it yet.  We talk about the baby, and point out babies,etc alot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks everyone that replied! I love stories!!

• 1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? 

1: I waited a couple days until he was done with exams, then told him over a celebratory dinner out by giving him a Bob Marley lullaby CD

2: Kept DD up past bedtime when he was in clinics late, so she could show off her BIG SIS onesie I made her

1: Sent bibs to the grandmas, ultrasound pictures to immediate family, and the rest we announced at Christmas parties

2: Immediate family came to our house for Christmas brunch, we put DD in her Big Sister pajamas and let them notice :) 

1: DH called immediate family after DD's birth and everyone played phone chain (team green)

2: Will be the same this time. 

1: I posted a picture of a pregnant snowman ornament we had on the Christmas tree and said it was my favorite ornament

2: Did the Pinterest shoe pictures with Dad, Mom, Big Sis, and TBA baby shoes.

1: Not sure yet :)  We will be moving around the 28-30 week mark, so we plan to set up a big girl room in the new house.  Will set up her baby crib and changing table in the baby room, but keep the door shut until she is transitioned well.  Not a perfect plan, but neither is moving in 3rd tri...

ETA: Hope you're feeling better! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesamanthadarneille:

I am not feeling well today so I plan on doing NOTHING! I figured I would ask a bunch of questions while brainstorming ideas for LO #2.

1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? 

I took a test because I had been cramping for 3 days and Mother Nature didn't show up. Once I saw it was positive, I ran upstairs, knocked on his door and when he answered I threw it at him and screamed "Tell me what that says!"

Note: We were 19, we lived in a college dorm and my period has never been regular.

I called my sister ASAP and panicked. She kept my secret, but I had to tell my mom, so I did two weeks later. She knew instantly because I started off with "Promise you won't kill me if I tell you something?"

Called my mom and sisters and told them. SO called his dad.

Ultrasound picture with "Hello, My name is Amelia Elizabeth" as the caption.

No babies anytime soon.

• 1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant?   Texted him a pic of the test because he was OOT for the week.

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families?  Told my Dad at dinner, had my oldest wear a "big sister" shirt, where my IL proceeded to ignore it until we asked them if they noticed.  (aholes)

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies?  I emailed/updated fb "it's a girl"  I think gender reveal parties are lame.

4. How did you tell the social media world?!  I think I waited until 2nd trimester and just said we were expecting in 7/2011.

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child?  She was 3, so I just told her.  And bought her a few big sister books.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• 1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? #1, I told him I was late and we bought a test together, #2 I tossed the stick at him.,

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families? #1, I sat down and told everyone in person, #2, I took a picture of DS in a shirt that said "I'm a big brother!" and sent it to everyone.

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies? #1 everyone that mattered came to the ultrasound, #2, I got a onesie that said "Baby Sis", and let DS show the grandmas, everyone else got send a picture.

4. How did you tell the social media world?! I uploaded the Big Brother picture of DS to Facebook after about 20 weeks or so.

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child? I did nothing at all! He was so young it seemed pointless lol

• I guess every time we saw a baby younger than him, I would point and say "Look, it's a baby!!!" WAY over the top, and say "Do you want one of those??"
  • This is old, but whatever, I'm bored...

1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? First time, we had really opposite schedules so I left him a note saying we needed to talk that night and I would meet him at his office. He was so scared I was going to tell him something bad. We weren't TTC (but not avoiding), so it came as a bit of a shock, but we were super excited. Second time was a huge surprise...I was on the pill! :P I had gone to the OB/Gyn to get my BC changed from minipill to the nuvaring and found out I was pregnant. H had just left for a business trip and I called him crying. I wasn't happy and it took awhile to get there, but we are so blessed and thankful for her and wouldn't change it for the world... So beyond blessed with both of our precious kiddos!

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families? First, I got cute frames that had a saying about grandparents and then wrote where the picture goes that they were due to become grandparents in September. With the second one, we just told them over the phone.

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies? Just phone calls to family right after the a/s.

4. How did you tell the social media world?! First, I wasn't on FB yet. With the second, I posted a pic of my 12 week u/s announcing that our first was getting a sibling!

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child? Nothing too major...he was nearly 3 when she was born and had a pretty decent grasp of what was going on. He did amazing with the adjustment.

• imagesamanthadarneille:

1. How did you tell your SO you were pregnant? Called him freaked out when I went to get my BC refill

2. How did you announce your pregnancy/pregnancies to your families? Refer to #1

3. How did you announce the gender of your baby/babies? My SIL decided to do herself on her FB. Learned my lesson and telling no one the next time.

4. How did you tell the social media world?! Hey I'm pregnant.

5. How did you prepare your other children for the second, third, etc. child? N/A

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"