Pregnant after 35
Options

Hi Everyone!

Hi!

I'm new to these boards - this pregnancy still does not seem real to me.  The nausea and exhaustion are VERY real, but the pregnancy isn't. Smile

I'm 38 years old and currently 12 weeks with my second child.  We had three miscarriages - two before my daughter (who is now 4) and one after.  I also had some health issues - back surgery, sprained ankles- as did my husband.

I had pretty much given up on having another child.  Had even started giving things away!

But here we are.... we had our NT ultrasound yesterday and all looks great.  My daughter is thrilled that she will finally be a big sister.  My stepdaughter - who lives with us full time and is 14 - is less thrilled, but hiding it well.  Wink

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! 

Married 1/14/06 Custodial Stepmom to SD 14 Mom to DD 4 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers 3 m/c - 11/06, 07/07, 5/10 Baby #2 - due 08/28/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hi Everyone!

• Options
    Wonderful! Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your pregnancy and your great NT scan! I bet your stepdaughter will come around by the time the baby arrives. There's just something about babies that can melt even a surly teenager's heart. Big Smile
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

Congratulations! I'm glad everything is going well.

By the way my mom got pregnant when I was 15.  Dealing with divorce, step parents etc. is really hard on kids and I was not in any way happy about the baby and how it would affect my world.  That didn't last forever and I was happy to be a big sister when he was here. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations!  I'm 38 and this will be my second as well.  I look forward to getting to know you!
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"