Natural Birth
Options

book recommendation?

Hello ladies. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. I had an epidural the 1st go round and would like to attempt a natural birth this time. I am curious if anyone has a book recommendations. I would be doing a hospital birth and am looking for a book to give me insight and inspiration. Thanks!
Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker

Re: book recommendation?

• Options

There's a list in the FAQ (linked in my siggy and pinned at the top of the board).

My personal favorites are "Your Best Birth" and "The Birth Partner". "Natural Hospital Birth" is also often recommended. 

• Options
    "Pushed" by Jennifer Block.  It will reinforce in your mind why you want this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found Natural Hospital Birth to be really good and informative, mainly because it's geared toward those who want to attempt no meds but still want that hospital setting.  I didn't really find it "inspiring" per se - but a good resource.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I feel like I missed out the 1st time around, like I wasn't really present because I couldn't feel ANYTHING while pushing.
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the thinking womans guide to a better birth,and the birth partner
  • Options
    This is my 3rd baby and the second time i got the shot it did not help  at all so i say just do it the natural way
  • Options
    Find a doula. I recommend Sit Up and Take Notice, and have various lending books based in what mom thinks she wants to try Mindful Birth, Active Birth, etc. Birth Partner is great if your support is willing to read through it it can be fun to practice sime of the support techniques and I highly recommend practicing a lot.
  • Options
    Ina May's book Guide to Childbirth is wonderful.  Also--Any book on the Bradley method is a good pairing.  My husband is reading the birth partner and is enjoying that as well.  
  • Options

imageMeganIdaho:
    Ina May's book Guide to Childbirth is wonderful.  Also--Any book on the Bradley method is a good pairing.  My husband is reading the birth partner and is enjoying that as well.  

This!  I also really liked Ina May's Guide to Childbirth more for the insight/inspiration all the birth stories in the first half of the book offered.  It's not specific to the hospital setting, but it helped open my eyes to what women's bodies are capable of what a positive birth experience can look like, which I'm hoping has helped me prepare better for DS #2 coming soon (after having a c-section with DS #1).

My husband is also reading a Bradley book- Husband Coached Childbirth...which has opened up some good conversations for us to have together.  Not sure that the book itself is the best.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"