Colorado Babies
Options

First time mom and new to Denver!

Hey ladies!
I am a newlywed of about 1 year, a first time seven months pregnant 27 year old gal who has just moved to Denver! I know two people, my husband and my mom, and no one else! Up until recently I was a busy actress in LA and have been taking time off to have my little baby. It has been extremely hard to stop working, have someone financially supporting me, move to a new state, and pretty much be alone 12 hours a day while my husband works. I am not complaining as I am grateful for all of these beautiful life changes despite them not being what I had planned But I would however like to talk to or meet other women who may be going through similar pregnancy situations/feelings. This is obviously a great place to start. I have signed up for some stuff on Meetup and I see on here some gals met this last Saturday. If anyone would like to meet during the week to grab coffee or tea please let me know. It would be nice to get a group of locals together. I am in the Cherry Creek area. Either way I will be on here and chatting on other posts. I am excited to introduce myself and looking forward to meeting you all on here or for coffee! Thanks for viewing and happy pregnancy to you all!

Re: First time mom and new to Denver!

• Options
    Welcome to Colorado! We all seem to love it here, so I hope you do too. I'm not sure when we'll be doing another meet up, but I'm quite sure we'll plan another one sometime in the near future.
  • Options
    Welcome to Colorado.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to Colorado! I would love another meet up soon. I am finishing my 1st tri and still dealing with horrid morning sickness, infact I just lost my dinner in the shower. Eww. Anyway, I missed the meet up cause I was miserable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nice to meet all of you! I am so sorry about your morning sickness. I am now 26 weeks but when I was in my 1st tri it was nonstop. I just held on to knowing it would be over soon and the 2nd tri was around the corner. Ginger tea, aromatherapy, baths, morning sickness herbs, were some of the things I did to curb the horror. I hope they can help you too! 

I would love to plan a meetup but I am only available during the week, and mornings are best for me. If anyone is interested and when we're all feeling up to it, we should definitely make that happen. I have always been a tomboy and all my friends before moving here were guys so I would love to have some great female friendship with women in the same position as myself and know that we all have a common goal of taking care of ourselves and families:) 

• Options
    Hello and welcome!  I enjoy meetups but weekends are best for me. 
  • Options
    Hi! I completely understand what you are saying about your difficulty with not working. I stopped working when I had my son nine months ago and it has definitely been an adjustment. I'm 27 too and would love to have more ladies to spend time with.
  • Options

Hey rgagne, I'm sure you know what I'm saying. You can be incredibly grateful for everything but all the change is still very difficult. It truly is an adjustment! But I do truly look at these things as a blessing and I am excited to see where all these changes take me!

Meetup! I can actually meetup this Saturday if anyone is interested! Usually I can only do weekdays. I know it's a little short notice but this will be the only Saturday I have for God knows how long! Since I am new to the area and don't know many places or where everyone is coming from I Yelped some places within 10 miles of my house in the Denver area.

Would anyone want to meet at Church of Cupcakes this Saturday from 1:00-2:00? They have couches, tables, loungers etc so I think with any size group we could make it work. If anyone has a better idea or a place that may be better located go ahead and throw it out there. 

The address for Church of Cupcakes is:

1489 Steele St
    Unit C

Denver, CO 80206

Depending on how many ladies reply I will contact Church for accommodations. 

Please let me know asap if times and day work! I would love to get out, meet some people and have some cupcakes! (never liked them till now!) 

Hope to hear from everyone! 

• Options
    Welcome to Coloardo!  Unfortunately I will not be able to do the meetup this Saturday.  I have a major test next week I need to stufy for and any time leftover we plan on moving all the furniture out of the empty room and move it downstairs so we can finally start on the nursery.  I'm in Colorado Springs so coming into Denver and actually having time to chat takes up about 1/2 my day.  Maybe next time.  Would love to meet some more ladies. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi

Nice to meet you, I am new to this website but I am also new to the Denver area.Im due April 8th and this is my first child :), I just moved out here with my husband over the summer and would love to make friends in the area.I akso am currently not working and it is very different for me since back home in Texas I was a full time elementary  teacher. Who knew you could miss work soo much lol. Im in the Aurora area and would be interested in meeting up with a group during the week or the weekend. Let me know

• Options

Are you a part of the Cherry Creek Mom and Babies Group on Meetup?  There are a ton of Meetups to pick from at various times. Even if I can't make it when they all meetup I find out about a lot of events and am able to take my family on our own.

Welcome to Denver!  We've been here for 2.5 years and love it! I have a 15 month old son.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not new to the website, but it's been a LONG time since I've been on.  I have a similar story to many of you.  I was a teacher in Texas and moved here 2 years ago.  I'm in the Westminster area. Hi! 
  • Options
    Welcome to Colorado!! I just moved here last May and still don't know many people. Like you, I will be a first time mom and it seems like I'm just a couple weeks ahead of you :) I work from home and my husband and I currently share a car so it's hard for me to get out of the house and meet new people.
    tararaye
  • Options

Hey Netty,

I did actually sign up for that group and a couple others on Meetup. I haven't found a meetup time/place that worked for me yet but I look forward to attending my first one! 

To the other newcomers, Welcome! I hope to see you at a meetup or maybe even through one of the meetups from this message board. You can never have too much support! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"