Pregnant after 35
Options

New

Hi everyone! Just found out that i'm pregnant with my first child and have been exploring the bump site for any and all information I can gather. Found this board and wanted to introduce myself since I'll probably be spending a lot of time the next several months with you wonderful ladies.

My name is Lori, I'm 36 DH is 37 and like I said above we just found out we are expecting our first baby looks to be in October.We have been ttc for about a year and half and we are both very excited. Of course because of my age I'm already considered high risk but I also went through gastric bypass 7 years ago and that as well has put me as high risk.  

I go for my first visit tomorrow with my OB/gyn and am super excited and nervous all at the same time. Not sure what to really expect. They are calling it a confirmation visit. 

So far only my DH and I know about the pregnancy. We want to tell our parents in person so that means we will not be able to do so until Sunday when we see them. Keeping this a secret is so hard because I just want to scream to the world. We are looking for a creative way to tell them, anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, I've rambled enough just wanted to introduce myself and hope to be talking with you all a lot more as time goes on. 

Re: New

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Congradulations! it's a wonderful journey! we are 36 (got pregnant at 35) been married for 17years!  These boards have been very helpful for me.  I was so nervous at our 1st. appt. but there was not really anything to it and we got to see our little one on the ultra sound and hear his little heart beat! Had to  do a pap smear, blood work and a urine sample and they take a lot of background information and schedule your next appt.  We are now at 36weeks! Lots of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh how exciting! Congratulations! I'm also 36 and pregnant with my first child.  I thought I would be creative but I just was so excited, we just told my parents over the phone since they live across the country, we're pregnant!!!  However, i have heard of cute creative ways of announcing your pregnancy.  For example giving them a grandparent shirt, perhaps bringing a cake with the baby theme as a dessert for dinner.  Good luck!
  • Options

Congrats! I had lap-band surgery about 7 years ago. So far no real impact but of course they are very different surgeries. I'm sure your OB will give you good guidance, but I did have a quick consult appointment with my bariatric surgeon after I found out I was pregnant just for a second set of eyes on the situation. Their advice was the same, but it was good to hear similar guidance from both independently.

How exciting for you! Don't  be nervous about your OB appt., they tell you a lot about how they operate, check on you and your baby, explain testing options for the first tri, and do bloodwork. You'll do great! :)

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the board! I think hijoi's idea above with the card is a really cute way to tell them! (I just blabbed it over the phone, but my parents live 700 miles away.)
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!!
    I can't wait to be a mommy! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    awww thanks ladies for all the love and congrats! Today's the big day for my first appointment and 3pm can't get here quick enough! I love the idea about the card. DH and I were talking about this last night and was thinking of something like that. I think that's what we are going to go for! Thanks again for all the responses!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Options

Send them flowers with a note saying we are in bloom.

Make your own prescription label with m and ms inside saying

Grandpa

Take 1 daily for 40 weeks then give the empty bottle to your daughter in exchange for  holding your grandchild.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"