Meds and BF — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Meds and BF

I posted this on the BF board as well.  I was given fluoxetine by a PA when leaving the hospital. The container says not to take while BP and my google research says its not the best. Anyone taking this while BF or did the PA mess up on what she gave me? 

I think I'm going to call and see if I can take what I took last time again. I just couldn't remember it at the time.  Last time I was on Zoloft. 

Sorry I tried to see if this was already asked and couldn't find anything. Thanks! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meds and BF

• I took fluoxetine while BF.  DS is totally normal & healthy.  My ob said it's not the #1 for BF, but because I took it in the past & we knew it worked, she said it would be fine. 
  • imagebrazzale:
    I took fluoxetine while BF.  DS is totally normal & healthy.  My ob said it's not the #1 for BF, but because I took it in the past & we knew it worked, she said it would be fine. 

Same here. I took 10mg while pregnant and BFing DS. He nursed for two years and is healthy and had no effects. I started taking it again when my DD was three months. She is also healthy and completely fine.

It's not the best for nursing, but is considered safe. If it works, it's better to take it and the risks are not high enough to stop nursing. I can't say enough good things about Prozac. It saved me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards