1st Trimester
Options

Why are people on here so rude???!!!

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand others on here. We are supposed to come to this site to talk to each other about our pregnancies and problems we may be having. However there are several posts that I have read and some of the responses I read are just full of smarty pantsI'd like to use another word but im being nice answers. I just feel there is no reason to smart off at someone. If you don't like someone's post or you don't like how they worded something then just don't comment at all. I know everyone's hormones are raging but honestly, being rude to people you've never met who are just asking for advice is ridiculous. Just my opinion. Rant over.

Re: Why are people on here so rude???!!!

• Options

Making a whole new post to tell people they should learn to not comment at all if they don't like something.....

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Wow, no one has ever posted anything like this. ::mindblown::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Its a message board not a support group.

• Options
    Okey dokey, boss.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageCutieBean79:
    Wow, no one has ever posted anything like this. ::mindblown::

THIS. Yes

• Options
    I love first tri.

• Options
    Nobody cares what you think. YWIA!
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • Options
    This post is not going to go well here...you most likely aren't going to get the responses you're looking for.  I agree people can be snarky or rude in response to some questions, but that's just part of any message board.  I've just learned to take the bad with the good and just ignore the snark....it will only get a rise out of people if you try to defend yourself.  If it truly does bother you too much, then maybe thebump isn't where you should be looking for a "support group."
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Funny, because I've been thinking this place has gotten so tame since I was last on here, 6 years ago.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Options
    In real life you meet a mix of all people: on the internet in a message board it's not any different.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options

AgrEed. Maybe someone's answer seems rude but to them is blunt, Informative and straight forward. 

Technology takes a lot of emotion out of conversation  

• Options
    imageMjbcreations:

AgrEed. Maybe someone's answer seems rude but to them is blunt, Informative and straight forward. 

Technology takes a lot of emotion out of conversation  

YEP

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Options
    There are times when I've been surprised by how rude people are on here, you just kind of have to roll with the punches in this kind of situation. Sometimes it goes beyond blunt and is just plain rude.  If you try and call people on it, then you will probably get flamed.  I would probably just stick to the month boards, or the local boards... they are probably a little gentler. 
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Options

and you're defeating your purpose by being rude to everyone else. 

yes, sometimes its annoying when we get 5 of the same topic on one page, or when someone types like they never learned how to speak, or uses all caps. This is still the internet. And the internet isn't nice.

If you don't like us, find another site, or another board. There are plenty available, but they will all still be on the internet 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well... Because this is the internet.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    Well... Because this is the internet.

*slow clap* 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you for this post.

This...need...to...stop...laughing.

Been having a hard day and while I get your meaning like the other ladies mentioned....it's the Internet. Frankly most posts and responses have Ben great. Yes it devolves see other responses to this post. On the plus side it can be at the very least, amusing.

That sounds rude but honestly I don't mean to be. This post and subsequent responses did more to cheer me up than anything anyone has said or done today and that means a metric ton to me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    Because there are a lot of people with a lot of different personalities on here. If you don't like it then go elsewhere.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I actually thought this was a very nice board compared to some boards...and compared to other websites. 

Not everybody is going to agree with everything a particular poster said.  And typing something is always open for misinterpretation.  But really...its not all that bad here. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    I am mostly a lurker...but agree with the first poster. Sometimes reading these boards reminds me of the movie Mean Girls! It makes you wonder if the people who post the rude comments act that way in real life, or if it's just their "internet" personality. Either way, not much you can do to change it-just have to scroll over their comments or look for a different message board. You can do a google search for words like baby and bump and find all kinds of boards.
  • Options
    Bravo! Someone finally said it!! Haha I know there aren't the most positive replies on this post but I have to say I am impressed someone said it. Yes this is a free message board and not a "support group" as people has pp.... however guaranteed people would not be as mean face to face as opposed to boldly typing behind the privacy of their computer screen. Just sayin...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageshelliescove3:
    Bravo! Someone finally said it!! Haha I know there aren't the most positive replies on this post but I have to say I am impressed someone said it. Yes this is a free message board and not a "support group" as people has pp.... however guaranteed people would not be as mean face to face as opposed to boldly typing behind the privacy of their computer screen. Just sayin...

These posts come up weekly. Someone "finally" says this often. Pay attention.

• Options

If you are out of the 1st tri...why come to the 1st tri board just to basically call someone's post "whiney"?

• Options

Not again.

Thanks for the PSA. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    I never said I was looking for a support group...I read other people's post where they were asking questions because they have never been pregnant before and weren't sure of something....and all they were getting were snarky replies.
  • Options
    Examples?

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    See you've made my point exactly. You're being rude for now reason. All I did was ask why people are rude on here when a simple question is asked. And I said I saw no point in being rude....
  • Options
    Isn't the place for me?? I can handle my own and I can be just as rude. All I said was I didn't see any reason in being rude when a pregnant person is asking for some advice. Obviously people read what I said entirely the wrong way.
  • Options
    Again, examples? I am sincerely asking you.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options

it's just like any other site, your going to find the people who can't spell (raises hand and the spell check won't work on my computer for some reason lol) don't like to use puncuation (again raises hand) your going to find nice people, rude people. people who sugar coat, people who are super straight forward. if someone isn't your cup of tea it's best just to ignore them. I know our hormones are all raging and we're mommies to be but that doesn't mean we need to mommy eachother Wink

I honestly have found some fantastic tips on here from all types of people on here sometimes if you read through the "snarky" remarks you find some good tips as well. others are just sick of giving the same advise over and over again to the same people for them to only ask the same question again but worded slightly differant trying to get a answer they like.

just breathe, take the good with the bad and enjoy being a mommy to be Big Smile

• Options
    imagesmf0283:

If you are out of the 1st tri...why come to the 1st tri board just to basically call someone's post "whiney"?

This exactly. I am not the one whining... I just applauded her. Also saying this wasent a support group... also saying you wouldnt say that face to face. Deal with it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageanl23:
    I never said I was looking for a support group...I read other people's post where they were asking questions because they have never been pregnant before and weren't sure of something....and all they were getting were snarky replies.

Most posts where I see rude or snarky comments are questions that are posted here daily, and people would see the answers to the same questions if they just scrolled down a little.  Or just googled it.  I also see a lot of "I know this has been posted before, but MY situation is completely different so please read this!" and then once reading it, their situation is not different than anyone else's. 

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Options
    You must be the stuck up BTCH here ; and yes I'm new and your ignorant!
  • Options
    Are examples really needed read this post it says it all
  • Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:

We are new here but she's the *** of this group clearly!
  • Options
    Honestly, I think it's probably the hormones. Everyone's moody.

I will admit some seem nice, others...not so much.
  • Options

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"