Food Allergy
Options

Is this eczema?

I've posted a lot recently as we are trying to figure out if we need to take the next step to an elemental formula, due to my son's feeding refusal. During the first two days after starting Alimentum RTF (switched from Sim Advanced), his baby acne seemed to clear and he was eating well, but on day 3 he broke out with bad baby acne all over his face and had tiny pin prick, flat red dots on his chest and back. The pediatrician wrote it off as viral, due to a cold, but it's been two weeks and it's still here. It definitely looks better, but now his face looks more dry and while the bumps aren't as red, there are tiny flesh colored bumps on his forehead and cheeks and they are a bit rough. The red, flat dots are still on his back and those disappear when you press on them. The bumps on his face seem to come and go and get worse when he is frustrated (like when we are trying to feed him). He has no other skin irritations anywhere else on his body.

Does this sound like eczema/still reacting to milk protein in Alimentum? Do you think this warrants a switch to EleCare/Neocate? He also has mucous in his stools, but he definitely has a cold/cough (it is all of the time, not just after eating, so I know it's a cold), so it's hard to tell if this is from swallowing mucous or from MSPI. If I do go ahead and switch, would you do a gradual change or cold turkey? Did anyone have trouble with the transition? Thank you so much!!

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is this eczema?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"