Pregnant after 35
Options

PG>35 Weekly Check-In: Wardrobe Malfunction Edition

Hello, everyone! As always, I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and that no one is having to dig out from too much snow. I am posting this thread now while waiting for the world's most bizarre line of showers to pass through. It is a small diagonal line that is moving directly over my town and nowhere else. My dogs cannot understand why I am still sitting here, although the pounding sinus headache I've had since Friday is not helping things any.

I have gotten several reminders this week that I need to slow down and pay more attention to my ever-huger self. I was visiting with my dog at the children's hospital the other day and stupidly wore long johns and wool socks into the hospital because it was frigid outside and I didn't want to freeze while walking in from the parking garage. I had lunch with milk before starting, but after 2 hours of walking around the hospital with no water after that, I found myself suddenly needing to sit down while talking to our friends in Medical Records. I didn't faint, but it was a little close for comfort. Overheated and dehydrated, you betcha. They brought me a glass of ice water and I downed the whole thing. I felt so much better once I got back out into the cold to walk to my car! I had two other incidents where I went out to walk the dogs and had to turn back almost immediately because I felt faint. I suspect either high or low blood sugar--I have been checking my BP religiously and it is always fine. So I'm trying to balance out proteins and carbs better and give myself 20-30 minutes to digest a meal before heading out with the dogs. I haven't had any problems since Thursday, so I think I've licked the problem, but I see my MW tomorrow (I did call her on Thu as well) and I'll see if she has anything to add...now let's get this check-in started!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi Ladies!

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with (and answer the questions!):

your screen name

first name (optional)

due date

sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

**If you?re already on the list, you don?t need to give this info again**

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congratulations to the January/February Moms! Reb562 gave birth to a baby boy on 1/10/13. He weighed 10lb 1 oz and was 21.5 inches long. JennyP1 gave birth to Luke Thomas on 1/19/13 at 7:26pm. He weighed 8lb 8oz and was 20 3/4" long. Kat1221 gave birth to Elli June at 7:41 am on 1/31/13 She weighed 8 lb 10 oz and was 20? long. MangomamaFL gave birth to a baby boy on 2/5/2013 at 10:32pm. He weighed 9lb and was 21in long.

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

February 2013

SouthernMom70 (Amy) 2/1/2013 ? Team Green

Brooklinld 2/5/2013

eane7311 (Janine) 2/6/2013

buggirl72 (Dana) 2/7/2013

Winofairy (Sherry) 2/9/2013

Starting all over again (Esther) 2/19/2013 ? Girl!

Solarflare 2/20/2013 ? Twins! (Boy/Girl)

Punter (Lani) 2/20/2013

Pginsa (Charlotte) 2/22/2013

Lanesmommy (Caroline) 2/24/13 ? Girl!

March 2013

Beforesunrise (Ashley) 3/1/2013 ? Boy!

rosesarepink (Rose) 3/4/2013 ? Girl!

uctracy@yahoo.com (Tracy) 3/7/2013

CountryGirlInTheCity 3/8/2013 ? Girl!

Elocin (Nicole) 3/8/2013 ? Girl!

Gundy21 (Kristen) 3/13/2013 ? Boy!

KatieKnitsny (Katie) 3/14/2013

NBBride05 3/15/2013 ? Girl!

KKGgirlATL 3/18/13 (scheduled c/s) Team Green

Cktravel 3/19/2013 ? Green

Wildflower75 (Martha) 3/20/2013 ? Team Green

Redcatz (Kirsten) 3/25/2013 ? Girl!

Dbadura01 (Deanna) 3/26/2013 ? Girl!

Haribo 3/26/2013

Coquina (Melissa) 3/30/2013

MouserNY (Monica) 3/30/2013 ? Boy!

Indyrowergirl 3/31/2013 ? Boy!

April 2013

Angelnumber8 (Angela) 4/04/2013

Lovelyday39 4/05/2013 ? Boy!

Elizabethnseanny (Elizabeth) 4/05/2013 - Boy!

Mishmax11 (Michelle) 4/7/2013

Danuli8 (Amanda) 4/7/2013 ? Boy!

Carol*Brady (Christine) 4/8/2013

Tcfreedom (Tiffany) 4/15/2013

Lilblt19 4/15/2013 ? Girl!

Hisbabygirl76 (Stephanie) 4/16/2013

Shellbear+ (Michelle) 4/23/2013 ? Girl!

Palamar (Chantel) 4/24/2013

Sheloveslan (Mariah) 4/27/2013

Dresch25 (Vicki) 4/29/2013 ? Team Green

Technigirl (Melissa) 4/29/2013

Ba23Ba02 (Barb) 4/29/2013 ? Team Green

Michele707 (Michele) 4/30/2013

May 2013

Dhreczuck 5/2/2013 ? Boy!

Jennyandjasonsbaby (Jenny) 5/5/2013

Trevinosnm (Martha) 5/7/2013 ? Boy!

TXBride (Ami) 5/12/2013

Mndyhywrd (Mindy) 5/15/2013

MotherMayEye (Amy) 5/15/2013 - Girl!

mlwinkle (Michelle) 5/17/2013

McRib 5/18/2013

Drhibbard (MC) 5/19/2013

Petrastonegirl (Petra) 5/19/2013

MrsNukem 5/20/2013 ? TWINS!!

jteneback 5/21/2013 ? Team Green

riorisa 5/22/2013

Rebaann (Rebecca) 5/23/2013 ? Girl!

Danafromslope 5/30/2013 ? TWINS!!

June 2013

Danieleandwayne (Dani?le) 6/4/2013 ? Team Green

1Lump (Andrea) 6/5/2013 ? Team Green

JilliansMoma 6/6/2013 ? Team Green

Daphallen (Daphne) 6/10/2013 ? Boy!

Ocho2002 6/13/2013

VisciousKnitter (Sandy) 6/15/2013

Trootie2012 (Trootie) 6/16/2013

AZAmy77 (Amy) 6/17/2013 ? Boy!

July 2013

Beach72 (Kim) 7/2/13

Karen0477 (Karen) 7/3/13

Amypep (Amy) 7/5/2013

Superzuber (Sarah) 7/9/2013

Bethz13 7/15/2013 ? Team Green

ASL71476 (Andrea) 7/17/2013

emikat (Christine) 7/21/2013 ? Boy!

Abeille 7/28/2013

missymr (Mia) 7/29/2013

honeyforlunch 7/31/2013

August 2013

SeaConquest (Monique) 8/1/2013

Lucyspeople (Betsy) 8/8/2013 ? Boy!

Jkzinck (Jessie) 8/10/2013

Goatgirlnyc 8/20/2013

AmyM72 (Amy) 8/22/2013

Cali3674 (Cali) 8/25/2013 ? Team Green

Gscoville (Geneva) 8/29/2013 ? Team Green

September 2013

Juicy71 (Dawn) 9/4/2013

Kakhmama (Amy) 9/7/2013

Jerseymm09 (Sonia) 9/9/2013

Atlmommy (Tammy) 9/11/2013

VelvetElegance (Adrienne) 9/22/2013

QOTW: How have you had to adjust your normal routines to accommodate your pregnancy? Have you had any instances where your body told you in no uncertain terms that you needed to slow down and take it easy?

Share your updates and vents:

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: PG>35 Weekly Check-In: Wardrobe Malfunction Edition

• Options

I hear ya- it's hard to reconcile the new, more fragile (it's the truth!) you, with the "you, you've always known" isn't it?  I pushed it WAY too hard this weekend, cooking for 6+ hours on Saturday in an effort to fill our freezer to accomodate the first few weeks home from the hospital.

And while I now have a freezer full of delicious meals, my back is still screaming and I haven't slept right in 2 days because of it. Note to self- break larger tasks down into smaller pieces- marathon work sessions, normal in your pre-pg life, are not possible now!

Updates:
    32 weeks and I'm definitely getting bigger and more uncomfortable. Last week was a growth spurt and my tummy was as tight as a basketball at the top, making it hard to breath at times. It's chilled out as of today and I've/my body's adjusted to the change (thank goodness!). It's hard for me to believe I've got 8 more weeks and a lot more bigness to face! :)

Next doc appt this Friday- just the regular checkup!

• Options

I am out west so no snow for me.  Sounds like you really need to take it easy and listen to your body and not push it.  Good luck I hope you don't have any more episodes of near fainting, that's scary. 

QOTW:  This is pretty much what I have been dealing with for over a week since I have this pinched nerve in my back. On Saturday I thought I felt a bit better so I did a little cleaning and then made it out to get groceries.  That was too much and I was in alot of pain so I was pretty much camped out on the couch after that.  It is frustrating not being able to do alot when there is so much to do to prepare for baby.  I am continuing to see the chriopractor and hope to get some relief soon.  Even before this I noticed I would get tired out easily so I have had to take things easier.  I know I need to rely on DH more and he is helpful but I just hate it. I just thought I would feel great till the end or at least later than this.   

Vents/Updates:  I'm hittting 30 weeks tomorrow, can't believe I'm this far. Besides my back I have been feeling pretty good but huge lately.  I think I am getting BHs because I get that tightening in my stomach sometimes.  Also we have been making progress on the nursery.  I hope to feel better this weekend because I have 4 days off and want to work on our dresser and putting up our wall decal. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No snow here for us, I would love one snow day, but dont think it will happen this year.........

QOTW I am really struggling with hip pain.......I have hypermobile joints and its causing a lot of pain while sleeping. And low blood pressure which is causing some unusual dizziness, so just adjusting to those couple of things.....

UPDATE had our anatomy scan last week, but they wouldn't tell us the sex......said it had to go tomy midwife on the report, and of course its a provincial holiday today so it will have been one week before we find out.....I am sooooo impatient.......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

QOTW: I have been on modified bedrest since 20 weeks.  I like to be in control of everything.  It was hard to hand over every household duty to DH.  We will both be happy when I can cook again.  I actually had to go home from work early one day last week because I was just too tired to work.  I sit at a desk.  I should have been able to tough it out.

Updates and vents: My induction has been pushed back even further.  The OB is now thinking that it will be 39 weeks plus a few days.  He is hoping that I will go on my own and so am I.  He told me that if they induce me early that it could be a few days before I actually have the baby once they start the meds.  I did my first NST last week.  There is only one woman that does them and she is evil.  She was so rude about my age and she referred to my bladder cancer as some bladder thingy that I had going on.  DH was not allowed in the room with me so I was on my own with her.  I finally told her that she was just being rude and needed to do her job and stop talking.  I was almost in tears by the time that I left and they did not even do the growth scan that should have been done.  She said it was not ordered but my OB confirmed that it was.  DH told on her to my OB because I was almost in tears by the time that I left.  I think that the doctor is going to talk to her.  Once this pregnancy is over, I intend to file a complaint.  I have to see her once a week so I don't want to rock the boat until I don't need her anymore.

My BP is starting to creep up again so we are making medication adjustments.  Hopefully it works out.  I will be considered full term on Friday so she can come at anytime now.

My friends threw an amazing shower for me last night.  This baby has been well celebrated and it is so touching.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

No snow here either :), but its definitely cooled down a bit. 

QOTW:  Honestly I really haven't had to change anything so far. Except for an earlier bedtime and getting naps in on the weekend. 

Updates:  We had our follow up level 2 ultrasound last week.  Baby was moving around a lot and they had trouble getting the shots of the heart that they wanted.  The ultrasound lasted about an hour.  I did feel faint/naseous at some point during the ultrasound, so had to take a break - assume from being on my back for so long.  Everything looked good though, baby is measuring a little big - 83%, but dr wasn't concerned right now.  Also we started clearing out the room that will be used for the nursery!

~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm in Southern Ontario and we've seen about 2 feet of snow. It's turned to freezing rain as I write, so going outside is not my choice of plans today.

QOTW; I've been off work since week 31 (high risk-GD). Doing anything has it's ups and downs. I've had a hard time at getting things done, I start to get winded and really dizzy when my sugars drop due to activity. I've had a hard time trying to upkeep on the house work to the point where "it'll get done another day" has become my motto. 

Vents/ updates; Really looking forward to tomorrows Ob appt. Week 39 for me. He's doing an internal and talking induction. Last week he was supposed to do this and without telling me he had gone and changed my EDD from the 19th to the 25th. So according to him, I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. It's really frustrating to think that I lost an entire week within a few seconds. He's going on my 10 wk u/s for this, but didn't bother to tell me till now when I feel so ready to be done. Really not fair!! I'm so done with insulin injections and blood testing. DH and I have had sex almost twice daily for the last week to help speed things along. I haven't noticed a thing. Still no BH or contractions at all. Just the support of a crane to get in bed!!! I'm trying to stay positive.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have had to take it easy with hiking and snowshoeing, which I love doing but my pace is just slower and I have to stop for more water breaks than usual. I'm sure once I start getting bigger it will be hard for me to admit that I need help as well.

Updates: had our NT scan on Friday and all was good. Our risk came back as that of someone 20 years old! I was all prepared to go forward with CVS testing but the perinatologist said with those results she wouldn't recommend it unless we felt really strongly about it. I'm finally starting to relax a little bit after seeing a healthy looking baby squirming away in there.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options

imageAmyM72:
    I have had to take it easy with hiking and snowshoeing, which I love doing but my pace is just slower and I have to stop for more water breaks than usual. I'm sure once I start getting bigger it will be hard for me to admit that I need help as well. Updates: had our NT scan on Friday and all was good. Our risk came back as that of someone 20 years old! I was all prepared to go forward with CVS testing but the perinatologist said with those results she wouldn't recommend it unless we felt really strongly about it. I'm finally starting to relax a little bit after seeing a healthy looking baby squirming away in there.

Wow, Amy, that's great news! The risk of a 20 year-old! Wow! Congrats!

• Options

Weather has been a mixed up mess here in WI.  5 inches of snow on Thursday and rain on Saturday.  This winter is crazy.

I have been on a reduced work schedule (1/2 time - typically mornings) since the beginning of January due to elevated blood pressure (no meds).  I was told last Monday to expect an induction at 37 weeks and by last Thursday that changed to 37-38 weeks.  Today, they had me book testing/checkups for week 38.  So, I think I have a chance to make it longer.  I did a 24 hour urine collection Sunday-Monday to test for proteins / mild pre-e.  But no signs of that rearing its ugly head.

My folks visited this weekend and we made more progress on getting the house ready and bought all the big stuff we needed.  Now we just need to set up the PnP, get car seat bases installed, etc.  Still hard to believe he is going to be here soon. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I definitely need to take everything at a slighty slower pace. A couple of weeks ago I felt like superwoman for 3 or 4 days and got so much stuff done. The 2 days following I was so exhausted, it took every bit of effort just to get out of bed.

Updates: Anatomy scan is scheduled for Feb 27, so really looking forward to that. Other than that, I'm just hoping we stay well. Last weekend we all had a stomach virus and my husband and I are still feeling the effects. It seems like we've managed to pick up every virus that's making the rounds this winter and I am so over it. 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    imagegundy21:

Weather has been a mixed up mess here in WI.  5 inches of snow on Thursday and rain on Saturday.  This winter is crazy.

I have been on a reduced work schedule (1/2 time - typically mornings) since the beginning of January due to elevated blood pressure (no meds).  I was told last Monday to expect an induction at 37 weeks and by last Thursday that changed to 37-38 weeks.  Today, they had me book testing/checkups for week 38.  So, I think I have a chance to make it longer.  I did a 24 hour urine collection Sunday-Monday to test for proteins / mild pre-e.  But no signs of that rearing its ugly head.

My folks visited this weekend and we made more progress on getting the house ready and bought all the big stuff we needed.  Now we just need to set up the PnP, get car seat bases installed, etc.  Still hard to believe he is going to be here soon. 

More good news! That is great to hear! So glad you aren't staring pre-e in the face. I hope your LO will get to bake as long as necessary.

• Options
    imagedanuli8:

your screen name

first name (optional)

due date

sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

**If you?re already on the list, you don?t need to give this info again**

QOTW: How have you had to adjust your normal routines to accommodate your pregnancy? Have you had any instances where your body told you in no uncertain terms that you needed to slow down and take it easy?

MT-Head

3/22/13

Boy

I decided to take the dogs for a walk on Sunday, and took a different route than I normally take.  This route took me up a very steep incline.  Now, before I got pregnant with no. 2, I was running up this hill, sometimes twice a day as part of my running route.  A couple of days ago, though, I was having a tough time even walking up it.  A neighbor was outside, and he jokingly said he could give me a tow up the hill, har har har.  Yeah, that sounds nice, bite me.  After making it over the crest or what seemed like Mt. Everest, I was able to pick up speed, but once I got home, I needed to go sit down for a while. 

Also, I find I can't kneel down near my son's play table and play Little People with him.  My legs get numb too quickly.

Ugh - can't wait for the baby to come.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Please add me

kimmy42 (kim), due 6/18/13 with a girl

I'm a cook, I really love my job it's an active, hot, and stressful enviroment though. A couple of monthes ago my bosses told me that due to my pregnancy they felt that I was no long able to keep up and gave me the heart breaking optoin of leave now and come back after baby or termination. Now I find myself a stay-at -home mom to be, I feel like like I'm going nuts.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekimmy42:

Please add me

kimmy42 (kim), due 6/18/13 with a girl

I'm a cook, I really love my job it's an active, hot, and stressful enviroment though. A couple of monthes ago my bosses told me that due to my pregnancy they felt that I was no long able to keep up and gave me the heart breaking optoin of leave now and come back after baby or termination. Now I find myself a stay-at -home mom to be, I feel like like I'm going nuts.

OMG, is that even legal? That seems like a not very nice way to treat you. Couldn't they have offered reduced hours or prep work or something where you could spend more time off your feet? That's not much of a choice. And I think it is totally illegal to threaten to fire someone because they are pregnant.

• Options

Please add me too.

Carla

9/16/13

We will find out the sex.

I currently work as a QA manager for a software company. Luckily I work from home 2-3 days a week. I noticed that I get tired so easily and almost need a daily nap to function.  thank goodness I only have a desk job. I cannot imagine being on my feet all day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi all. I'm in Boston which was bullseye for the blizzard. We got 2 1/2 ft of snow! My DH wouldn't let me shovel (and he's right) but it bummed me out because it's my favorite workout.

QOTW: I have been ok, activity-wise. My DH gets protective and won't let me do certain things (like shovel. clean the house) but I try to find ways to stay active none the less. I feel pretty lucky with how this has gone.

Updates: I'm just about 38 weeks, softened cervix and 3 cm dilated! I had a NST & Ultrasound yesterday and to quote the MD, "I have the placenta of a 19 year old!" Ah, OB humor:)  All is ready to go, as soon as my body is!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebeforesunrise:

Hi all. I'm in Boston which was bullseye for the blizzard. We got 2 1/2 ft of snow! My DH wouldn't let me shovel (and he's right) but it bummed me out because it's my favorite workout.

QOTW: I have been ok, activity-wise. My DH gets protective and won't let me do certain things (like shovel. clean the house) but I try to find ways to stay active none the less. I feel pretty lucky with how this has gone.

Updates: I'm just about 38 weeks, softened cervix and 3 cm dilated! I had a NST & Ultrasound yesterday and to quote the MD, "I have the placenta of a 19 year old!" Ah, OB humor:)  All is ready to go, as soon as my body is!

Sorry to hear about the massive piles of snow, but yay for your 19 year-old placenta! Yes Now that is what you want to hear! So glad your pregnancy has gone so well, and hope that your baby's birth is equally smooth and wonderful.

• Options

The only accommodations I have had to make so far are coming home on time rather than working extra hours and taking naps occasionally to relieve the fatigue a bit.

Share your updates and vents:  Not much to update yet.  At 12w5d, LO and I are just puttering along.  We have our next MW appointment next week.  I have to have a glucose tolerance test at that appointment due to GD with my last pregnancy and being overweight.  I hate the orange drink.  I am feeling pretty good.  The nausea has mostly abated and the dizziness is better.  One of my co-workers commented that I look more like myself than I did a few weeks ago.  Yeah, not feeling like I need to run to the bathroom at any given moment might help with that.  Mostly just looking forward to a quiet 3-day weekend to get ready for another busy week ahead.

Cali & Matt (18 yrs) Jessie (16), Emily (12), David (8) EDD 8/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagecali3674:

The only accommodations I have had to make so far are coming home on time rather than working extra hours and taking naps occasionally to relieve the fatigue a bit.

Share your updates and vents:  Not much to update yet.  At 12w5d, LO and I are just puttering along.  We have our next MW appointment next week.  I have to have a glucose tolerance test at that appointment due to GD with my last pregnancy and being overweight.  I hate the orange drink.  I am feeling pretty good.  The nausea has mostly abated and the dizziness is better.  One of my co-workers commented that I look more like myself than I did a few weeks ago.  Yeah, not feeling like I need to run to the bathroom at any given moment might help with that.  Mostly just looking forward to a quiet 3-day weekend to get ready for another busy week ahead.

Glad you are feeling better, and congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester! Sorry about the orange drink--I did the lemon-lime one and it wasn't too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"