Adoption

If you could write a letter to your "self while waiting"

For those of you that have adopted and finalized, I have a question. If you could say anything to your past self while you were waiting to be matched, what would it be?
Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/

Re: If you could write a letter to your "self while waiting"

• Everything will work out. God knows what he is doing and while it may not seem like it at this time, His plan for my life is the best plan. Enjoy the little things that get edged out by the worry and make sure to do some fun things as well.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Thank you for posting something for these responses, it helps a lot!!!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • You know all those people you wish would just shut up when they tell you that they are sure their specific child was meant for them and that's why they had to wait?  It will be true for you.  I know that right now that is to far-fetched to be believable, especially since you are certain you can love any child that is brought into your life, but this isn't just about who you can love, it's about what's best for your whole family and most importantly  the children.  Not only do you have to wait for your oldest, but he will lead you to your second son, and none of that can happen before its time.

And while we're on the topic, stop dismissing all the signs God is sending as "coincidence."  You're going to feel really dense when the big picture finally hits you.

• Thanks guys! I love reading these, keep them coming!
    Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • Dear Rachel, settle the "f" down, seriously. Lol.

Stop doubting Gods plan for your life, stop lamenting over friends who are growing their families when your growing isn't visible, God has a plan for when YOUR baby will join your family, and trust me, it's perfect!

Sit back and enjoy life as it is now with just one child, because this time is precious and short lived. Your new baby will be here before you know it and will be worth every moment of waiting.
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Trust that all the crying, the headaches, the pain, and heartaches will ALL go away. That all those times your friends told you they were pregnant and you became bitter will ALL go away. That all those times you really weren't sure what to say when someone asked when you were going to have a baby will ALL go away.

That although you are still struggling with the whys of why you cannot conceive, it will eventually all be crystal clear. And if you were to have conceived, you would never meet the child about to enter your life. 

This child is amazing, and beautiful, and smart, and funny. And your life will never be the same as before you meet her. You are on the right path and you will be blown away at what's still to come. 

I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I LOVE this!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite posts!
  • imageCaptainSerious:

And while we're on the topic, stop dismissing all the signs God is sending as "coincidence."  You're going to feel really dense when the big picture finally hits you.

<3

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• CS- Your response is fantastic!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • J-  I know you are feeling alone and tired, as if the world is all grey clouds... but know that one day you will actually say you'd wait a thousand times longer for the precious girls that will be your girls.  Those words will actually come out your mouth.  The love you will feel is so bright that it diminishes all the pain you have gone through to get here.  It really is worth the wait.

So chin up... go see every movie you wanna see.  Go eat at Vitos and other "fancy" restaurants because it will be years before you'll go out and not have to pay a babysitter.  Travel and don't sweat the money.  You can save and make up the difference when you are home loving your babies.  Sleep.  Sleep some more.  And organize the garage. You'll never have time once you are a mom.  Did I say sleep??! 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • This is an excerpt from the letter I wrote myself on my blog about 18 months ago, that post is here.

" My dearest Jenn, I wish I could go back, and tell you not to focus on the pain or beat yourself up for the things you think you?re doing wrong, because in just a few precious months, your greatest happiness will unfold before you, and you will meet your daughter.  She?s beautiful, she?s amazing, and being a mother is more than you ever dreamed it could be.

Hold true to yourself but above all, hold true to the Lord in these trying times.  Your faith and perseverance in Him, will prevail."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"