Don't even know if to call this PPD ... — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Don't even know if to call this PPD ...

I have given birth to my LO since Dec. 2011. Now we are expecting LO #2 this September, very unexpected since I was on birth control. I went through a lot with my first since she was a preemie. I felt sad for not bringing her home with me when I was discharged.With this pregnancy I feel a mess. I feel like I'm losing myself. I'm not longer me, but just mom.I feel upset most of the time, I've cried a lot for the past days. I don't feel that happy to have another one on the way. I feel this new baby more like an intruder since I have a great bond with LO. I cry just thinking about being a mom for 2 under 2. I don't think I can do this emotionally. DH & myself are having more frequent issues because I'm not that happy. I need advice, I don't know if I posted in the right board,but it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you all for listening.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Don't even know if to call this PPD ...

• There is such a thing as INTRApartum depression. Like PPD, it's not something to ignore, especially with your feelings of the new baby going to be an "outsider." I would definitely talk to your OB/midwife at your next appointment and even consider making one much sooner specifically to discuss this.
  • Thank you for the advice, I really feel lost. I have a dr. appointment in a few days.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards