October 2011 Moms
Options

Still Using the Changing Table?

We do for every single change when we're at home. It's DH's great grandmother's dresser that he inherited and we slapped a changing pad on top. Our house is small and it's no problem to walk her into her room and change her. I had a friend over recently and she seemed surprised that we still use our changing table. Do you still use yours?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Still Using the Changing Table?

• Options
    Absolutely! I use it to change him, dress him, and give him sponge baths. It also serves as storage for diapers, wipes, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. It's so much easier on the back! We change him in the morning and night there. During the day, we do it downstairs on the floor.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yup. for every change. tis easy enough as we live in an appartment. If we had 2 floors then I wld still have his change table upstairs in his room - I need the exercise! Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use it for every change at home.
  • Options

We do not. With my DD we were still using it at this point but for DS it just doesn't seem to work. We haven't used either kids' in probably 6 months +. 

Our house is 2 stories and most of the diaper changes happen downstairs, not in their bedrooms. There is nowhere for a changing table downstairs so we just don't use one. The floor is our place of preference.  

• Options
    Yes. Every time. We also use a changing pad on a dresser. It's easier for me and it helps keep him from escaping.
  • Options
    We still use it for every diaper change. For us, it gives him limited mobility. Changes anywhere else result in him trying to crawl away.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup!  Pretty much every time we do a change at home (one floor, so it's simple) or at my parents' house.  At the ILs' we do it on the floor, and it actually worked really well when we were last there at Christmas.  I put down the change pad from the diaper bag and she walks over and sits herself down on it, ready to go.  We said we'd start doing it on the floor at home, too, but then she stopped fussing so much on the change table.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    Yep. I use it for 90 percent of diaper changes and for changing his clothes.

• Options
    We've never changed him on it, not once. Thankfully it's a dresser so it wasn't a complete waste of money though he certainty doesn't need 2 dressers. Our house is 2 levels and were only upstairs to sleep. We bedshared until he was over a year old so he never used the changing table or the crib. We never used his room, period. We changed him on the couch, floor, or bed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

L's changing table is currently in the basement where we are living, so whenever we happen to be down there, we will change her there. Otherwise, we are upstairs and change her on my old twin bed... which has somehow become the dog's favorite place to lay down. Angry

No matter where we change her, she fights us.. so the changing table is really just helpful for my back. She flips herself over and tries to stand up during every diaper change it's quite lovely lol

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagejeannkerricotober09:
    We've never changed him on it, not once. Thankfully it's a dresser so it wasn't a complete waste of money though he certainty doesn't need 2 dressers. Our house is 2 levels and were only upstairs to sleep. We bedshared until he was over a year old so he never used the changing table or the crib. We never used his room, period. We changed him on the couch, floor, or bed.

This is us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageblueyedwife:
    We still use it for every diaper change. For us, it gives him limited mobility. Changes anywhere else result in him trying to crawl away.

Same!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, we still use her changing table. Like you it is a dresser with a changing pad on it. We still use it to dress her and change her.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    We use ours every time we are at home for diaper changes.

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"