Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Relationship with Hubby

Hey ladies

Just wondering how you are all maintaining the closeness with your partners.  My LO is almost 4 months old and it seems very hard to get any alone time to cuddle let alone sex.  It seems like all day I am with the baby and when he gets home from work I give her to him so I can make dinner etc.

Re: Relationship with Hubby

• Options
    It's hard he works really long hours and DD has been very colicky adding extra stress. However, we still try to spend quality time together watching a movie at the end of the night and cuddling. Tonight we are going to try to take a stroll together or go out for a drive and get ices.

• Options

Well since my hubby is self employed, his hours are not near as long as most peoples. That helps a lot! 

I do have to say though that I thought our relationship would suffer way more than it has. IMO we are closer now. 

We have sex almost everyday and snuggle together with the baby. We just try to get alone time when she is sleeping so sometimes that means dropping what we are doing instead of cooking dinner and just eating dinner later. We've just changed our schedule and been very flexible about it.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are emotionally closer than ever and very in sync. Sex, however, still hurts my episiotomy scar. I can't wait until it feels normal again.
  • Options
    we've made a poiny to at least cuddle a few nights a week if nothing else. we try for sex once a week or so
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    Well I think the pill or hormone shift has destroyed my drive, so it's rough in that category. He also works long hours (60 per week, plus 1 1/2 total drive time). So we'll just say we are adjusting. It's not bad or anything, it's just been hard to adapt.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our LO goes to bed around 7pm so my hubby & I spend a good 2-3 hours together at night before crashing.  We actually took out the calendar and every monday night for the month wrote down something fun we could do together- like Monopoly etc... 
  • Options
    How early does your LO go down for the night?  Our guy is in his crib for the evening by 8pm, so we get a couple of hours together then.  Haven't made it to sex yet, my c-section scar still feels like a big bruise, but we do get the evenings alone together, even when we're catching up on chores like laundry.  Just do your best to make your marriage a priority. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"