Nevada Babies
Options

New to Las Vegas and Newly Pregnant looking to make friends

Hi Ladies!!

I recently moved to Las Vegas in November and found out around Christmas that I was pregnant with my first child and due August 24th 2013 :-) I'm 28 and originally from Philadelphia and I live in the Spring Valley area of Vegas which is about 10 mins from the strip. I just started a new job as a Medical Chart Reviewer for a Health Information Company which I really like. The only thing is, I work in te field so I don't have the luxury of working in an office and getting to build relationships/friendships with co-workers, so it gets a bit lonely sometimes.I am in the process of obtaining my bachelors degree in Health Care Administration and my fiance is persuing his PhD in Education.  I am engaged to my childs father and we have been together for 5 years now but been friends for eight. I love to laugh and have girls nights, watch movies and do outdoor activities, basically anything fun, artistic and different. Hoping to connect with some ladies in the area, pregnant or not, I would just love to get to know some new people who are fun and down to earth.

Re: New to Las Vegas and Newly Pregnant looking to make friends

• Options
    Hi!! My name is Lisa, and I'm due July 26. This is our first, and I am super excited! I have lived in Vegas my whole life, almost 30 years. I am always looking for a new girl friend, especially one that can relate to me in this whole newe pregnancy world. I don't have any friends that are currently preggers, but I do have friends that have children. I would love to get to know new people. I like to do TONS of stuff that my hubby isn't really into, so if you wanna meet up sometime you can email me @ LisaLrock1@me.com! I hope to hear from you!
  • Options

Angelica82 & Lisa, my names Katey and I'm 32, have lived in Henderson for about a year & a half now. I'm due very close to you guys ( July 23) with my first also. I would love to get to know you both and have some girlfriends to share this experience with. I work Thursday through Saturday in Arizona and am home Sunday through wednesday every week. Working out of town has definitely not helped my social life here :) My email is kateygravit@hotmail.com I would love to here from you, maybe we could get together for lunch or dinner during the week sometime. 

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mind if I chime in?  My DH and I just moved from the Midwest to Henderson.  I am 10 weeks pregnant, due in September.  Would love to meet you ladies as well!  I work from home and my husband travels M-F for his job so it is a bit lonely as well.  Feel free to email me as well, jdebolt11@gmail.com.  Would love to meet up with you ladies and get to know some people in the area!
  • Options
    Hi ;) everyone... Im also a Henderson resident and 26 weeks. I just turned 30 and im looking to meet some friends. I dont work at the time,pretty much a stay at home mom/ wife. Looking to do lunches, movies other stuff pregnant woman can do and relate with each other . My email is monicadominguez001@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in hanging out and getting out of the house. 
  • Options
    I sent an email to the girls who listed email addresses about trying to meet up this week. 
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Options

Angelica... We need an email address or some way to get in contact with you.

• Options

Hello ladies!  I know I'm a bit late in response to this post, but it seems as if you all have yet to meet up.  Any room for one more?  I actually just found out that I'm pregnant...in week 4 w/an end of November due date. I have two children (step, but don't think of them as so), but this will be my first biological child.  I'm 32, live in Summerlin and am a real estate agent, so my schedule is fairly flexible.  My direct email is RealEstateByAmanda@gmail.com.  It would be great to meet up with other pregnant women here in town, so let me know if you all are planning to do so!  I send my best and have a beautiful day ;-)  -Amanda 

• Options

Hey Ladies, I just read through all your posts from the last month, and wish I had seen it sooner. I'm a new Mommy, my little girl is 6 months old tomorrow. We moved to Henderson from Colorado Springs, CO a year ago. I work out of the house as a IT recruiter and it has been challenging to meet people in the area. If you guys are meeting up and have room for another mommy, I'd love to meet you all. Shoot me an email at jaime.kurowski@gmail.com! Take care Ladies and hope to meet you all soon!!

• Options
    Hi Vegas Valley Mommies!

Just the moms I was looking for! I had my first son Sept 2012 & while I was pregnant, I really yearned for more mommy friends. Making friends as an adult is really strange! Aside from people you meet at work, gym or place of worship, it is definitely different from making friends in school :) Don't get me wrong, I have some awesome amazing friends from work, a lot of whom are mommies too, but I was worried I was only talking about my son & nursing & my birth story when I got back to work! While on maternity leave, I spent lots of night time feeding times clicking around online, the bump, babycenter.com & What to Expect...I came across a mommy blog & that's what I want for Vegas - a way to connect to moms both online & off...Play dates w/ our little ones (so much to do, much nicer to do w/ other mommies!) & the occasional Mom's Night Out! This is the post I just put up in the Las Vegas/Reno/Tahoe Babies board...I hope to meet you ladies soon! I posted about being a contributor or guest blogger, but we would love readers/participants too! This blog is meant to be written for Vegas moms by Vegas moms! & of course that means Henderson, NLV & even Pahrump!

I was wondering if anyone was interested in blogging about being a Vegas mom?!

My name is Cee Cee & I've been in Las Vegas for 10 years now. I had my son Sept 2012 & needless to say, I'm completely and utterly in love :) My friend, Mary & I have partnered with a national network of blog sites www.CityMomsBlog.com to launch our own local blog www.LasVegasMomsBlog.com the last week of May 2013.

We are currently looking for contributors so please email me if you are interested at all! No experience necessary! We are looking for regular contributors as well as guest bloggers. This is open for all moms - new, expecting, those trying to conceive, moms of multiples, you name it! We aim to connect moms locally from fun family-focused activities to moms night out! We want this blog to be written by and for local moms, but we aren't limited to writing about the Las Vegas Valley experience alone. There is a lot we can learn from sharing our stories with each other. We'd also like to compile an ongoing calendar of events so we all can keep informed and don't miss opportunities in our Fabulous city!

We would love to hear from you...Any topics you would like to discuss? Any events you'd like to announce to other moms? At the very least, let's stay connected! Our launch week will feature giveaways from a lot of local businesses so enter in the raffle! www.facebook.com/lasvegasmomsblog Please 'Like' us & follow us on Twitter too! @VegasMomsBlog

Looking forward to meeting you all...

VegasMomsBlog@gmail.com

Cee Cee & Mary

• Options
    Henderson second time mom! Due July 27th expecting a boy! Also have a six year old son who is super excited!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!! My name is Renae, I am 24 in the military and currently 5 weeks pregnant. I have been living in Vegas since feb 12, but deployed in November and just getting back into a routine. I don't have any friends either moving around makes it difficult to meet people. This is the first time I have lived in American in 5 years. I would like to enjoy Vegas more if I met some really cool and down to earth women I can relate to. Everyone that has posted is due this month. good luck to all of you and congrats! question anyone using a nurse midwife for your delivery?
  • Options
    My email is rhewes88yahoo.com
  • Options
    My email address is rhewes88yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"