Single Parents
Options

hurtful comments...

I don't know WHY just because my pregnancy was unplanned and I'm single that people think they can overstep their boundaries and say whatever the hell they want to me. Last night I got from a coworker who heard I was pregnant (unfortunately my m/s gave it away and it spread like wildfire around work) "You should just go ahead and have an abortion. Your life will be miserable forever now and you'll always regret it." even after she knew I've heard the heartbeat twice now.  why in the HELL does anyone think this is OK to say to me??? I didn't know HOW to respond..I was just so hurt. People have said other stuff too, mostly gossip and stuff or ask me questions like "so how did you actually get pregnant?" (not as in like sex but what went wrong) but that's the most over the line comment I've heard so far...it's not their place, or their decision.
Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

Re: hurtful comments...

• Options
    Those are awful comments. People are so STUPID! For what it's worth, I have heard many women say that they regret having an abortion but I have never heard a mother say "I wish I would have had an abortion". But that's besides the point.
    You are pregnant, and going to be a mother and if people have nothing good to say, they need to keep their mouth shut!!! I had something similar happen to me the other day, I got the "so, are you going to keep it?" comment. Don't let what people say get to you! *HUGS*
  • Options
    I don't know if it will make you feel any better but you're not the only one. I heard plenty of abortion suggestions early on in this pregnancy including from my mom. Of course BD was sweet enough to keep it up until 21 weeks when I told him I was done talking to him but that's another story. Keep in mind I'm 36 and this is my 2nd so it's not like having another child is going to ruin my life in any way. My fave comments are the ones that assume its okay to question my birth control choices because I got pregnant accidentally. Why yes I actually was on BC and we were using condoms and I still got pregnant but thanks for judging. Someone has to be that one in a million. I should have started playing the lottery! Eventually, everyone stopped...mostly. GL and congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageinthelost:
    I don't know WHY just because my pregnancy was unplanned and I'm single that people think they can overstep their boundaries and say whatever the hell they want to me. Last night I got from a coworker who heard I was pregnant (unfortunately my m/s gave it away and it spread like wildfire around work) "You should just go ahead and have an abortion. Your life will be miserable forever now and you'll always regret it." even after she knew I've heard the heartbeat twice now.  why in the HELL does anyone think this is OK to say to me??? I didn't know HOW to respond..I was just so hurt. People have said other stuff too, mostly gossip and stuff or ask me questions like "so how did you actually get pregnant?" (not as in like sex but what went wrong) but that's the most over the line comment I've heard so far...it's not their place, or their decision.

This woman must not be a mother. That is quite possibly the most heartless thing one could say to a pregnant woman. FWIW I had more than a few people look sideways at me when they learned that I chose to leave my son's father at about 17 weeks. All you can do is be firm and stand up for yourself because having a baby is never something to regret, no matter what the circumstances.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Options
    The worst part of her comment monkeybird? She IS a mother. I know...I was shocked too to hear something like that especially from a mother herself. thanks everyone for answering my posts and for the support. I was frustrated and needed to vent. thank you all for listening!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options

My pregnancy was a surprise...not planned at all.  

Early in...I found people would 'dig' for information.   They basically wanted to know if it was truly an accident or if I did it 'on purpose'

First off.....none of their damn business....second, seriously TACKY to be asking a pregnant woman that question.

NO I did not do this ON PURPOSE!

• Options
    I dont know if you are religious or not but i feel if god didnt see us fit...it wouldnt of happened and anyone who says anything about an abortion to a woman who was never asking in the first place is just ignorant
    TTC for about a year....Once i said...its in gods hands I'm not going to force it....a month later I got three positive HPTs :) Cant wait for my little monster (boy) to be born BabyFetus Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"