Preemies
Options

Fenugreek -- did it work for you?

Hi Ladies,

I've been EP for my DD for almost 4 months (I tried and tried to BF her, but it never worked).  My goal is to give her BM until 6 months -- but she's starting to eat more than I am producing (which is 3 to 4 oz every 3 hrs).  I am thinking about taking Fenugreek -- have you taken it and did it work to produce more BM?

TIA :) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Fenugreek -- did it work for you?

• Options

Mothers Milk Plus Special Blend (pill, the liquid was awful tasting) worked better for me.  I simply couldnt stand the smell of fenugreek.  People describe it as maple syrup, but I just smelled gross and it drove me crazy.  

Id encourage you to talk to a LC.  There are other tricks, foods and meds that can help as well.   

mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Options
    Personally, it did not work for me. None of the tricks or supplements I did helped. I do know women who did see a small increase in production, though, so it's worth a try! Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a huge oversupply and then decreased and ended up getting a cold... unrelated but at the same time... and tried fenugreek. DS got HORRIBLE tummy problems. he was fussy, not sleeping, etc.  As soon as I stopped he was better... in a day or two.  It didn't seem to help me either.  my supply came back with an extra pumping session for a few days but now i have a few pounds of seeds just sitting around!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I haven't tried any supplements yet but I've found my supply changes depending on what I'm doing.  A couple weeks ago I took a 4 day weekend off work and so I was nursing more but pumping less and my supply decreased slightly for a few days afterwards.  For me just pumping more often seems to increase my supply.  Before I went back to work though it was really, really hard to find time in the day to get in another pumping session. As it was I spent more time lactating than a dairy cow! Now that I'm back to work and more or less forced to pump regularly my supply is pretty steady.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"