Dads & Dads-to-be

We're halfway there

My wife is halfway until the due date in June, its a girl! I'm pretty excited for her to get here.

Also I have a question. I have my younger brother who we're actually in the process to adopt right now, and he hasn't been interested in any of the new baby stuff at all. We're trying to prepare him but he just never wants to talk about the new baby. Is this normal 7 year old behavior? 

Re: We're halfway there

• I don't know about normal but both my boys wanted nothing to do with a new baby at first. They are 6 1/2 and 9. Now that they have heard the heart beat and felt the baby kick th they have come around. Now they kiss my wife stomach before they go back to moms. Best thing I have found is to keep them involved. My oldest even wants to go shopping for clothes for the baby once he/she comes. 5 more days hopefully
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is probably expected behavior for that age.  I recall what I was like at 7, and if it didn't involve the three things at that time that I was focused on in life, I could have cared less.

7 years old is still very young to have an understanding of these things....

• Loading the player...
  • That sounds typical of a 7 year old. My wife teaches a classroom full of them and she can never gauge what they are going to say or how they feel from day-to-day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"