Pregnant after 35
Options

Doppler Frustration

I have a doppler that I got on Fetal doppler.net. It was cheap-maybe like $30. I feel like it doesn't work that well....But I'm not sure if my PGAL brain is making me nuts. I can find it but I feel like it's very slow....Is this common? I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I would think it would be easier to detect...

Thanks! 

m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Doppler Frustration

• Options
    If it's slow you may be finding your own heart rate and not babies.   I hear mine all time when looking for baby's.   Now that I am further along.  I can only hear babies for a second because baby starts moving away from doppler now ;-(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    it's not that easy at 19 weeks. u may be picking up your heartbeat? I'm an ld nurse. as baby moving? should have heart rate 120160
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A slow HB means you are hearing yourself (it happens a lot). Some people have a harder time than others finding the baby's HB due to where their placenta is (an anterior placenta tends to muffle things) and how the baby is positioned. I decided not to get a Doppler because I was afraid it would just add stress. Within the next few weeks, you will start feeling some baby movement, and then you'll know instantly that your LO is happy and healthy in there. For the first time today, at almost 32 weeks, I had the huge "crazy dance party" movements where my sweater actually lifted and moved back and forth.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    If you get a stethoscope, you can hear the baby kicking and punching. I use that to reassure me that baby is happy-- sometimes, I can't feel all the movement because of positioning and I start to wonder if the baby is alright.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    We just got a sonoline B on ebay for about $60.  I'm 12w along, and my husband would only agree to it on the condition that I not lose my mind if we couldn't find the heartbeat.

I couldn't find it the first day I tried.  He found it yesterday for about 2 seconds.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagedanuli8:
    A slow HB means you are hearing yourself (it happens a lot). Some people have a harder time than others finding the baby's HB due to where their placenta is (an anterior placenta tends to muffle things) and how the baby is positioned. I decided not to get a Doppler because I was afraid it would just add stress. Within the next few weeks, you will start feeling some baby movement, and then you'll know instantly that your LO is happy and healthy in there. For the first time today, at almost 32 weeks, I had the huge "crazy dance party" movements where my sweater actually lifted and moved back and forth.

My OB told me not to get a doppler.  I am high strung and was really nervous about this pregnancy until last week.  He tought that it would just lead to unncessary stress on me and probably trips to the hospital that I really did not need.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCountry Girl in the City:

My OB told me not to get a doppler.  I am high strung and was really nervous about this pregnancy until last week.  He tought that it would just lead to unncessary stress on me and probably trips to the hospital that I really did not need.

That's me!  It's why i never got one with either this pregnancy or the last one.  I knew I'd just drive myself nuts with it.  Plus, the ones you buy for home use are not as good as the ones the doctor uses, so that just adds to the worry.

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"