November 2012 Moms

PW: Need motivation!...and time!

So I'm running this 1/2 marathon in May and I'm having SUCH a hard time getting motivated to get out and run!

When I was pregnant I got up every morning and went for a walk, up until about a week before labor. I babysit from home from 7:30 to 5:30 M through F, then work evenings until 9 M and T and until 7 W. Mornings was the only time I could work out.

I did really good working out while on leave but now that I'm back to my hectic schedule I can't find time to except in the AM and I'm sooo tired from staying up late pumping and getting up to feed Hallie. I told myself I'd do 3 miles today but it's so freaking cold out...I need some serious help getting motivated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PW: Need motivation!...and time!

• Yeesh. That's a toughie. Have you done a half marathon before? I'm planning on doing a 5K here pretty soon (I know, NOT a half marathon!) and that was my motivation LOL.

But...we also just bought a treadmill for this exact reason. Sometimes conditions aren't conducive to head out and run. It's a lot easier for me to sneak a run in while Cu naps or at night right after he's been put down to bed for the night.

But if you're cheap like me, having already paid for the marathon would be motivation enough!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In the winter in WI, if I need motivation to run, I buy a new piece of winter running gear. That always seems to do the trick.

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"