Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Airport security liquid formula question

We are flying on Saturday and bought a box of the individual 8 oz. bottles of liquid Similac.  I was curious if they let you take those through security--or if they make you open them to test the liquid?  We were planning on pouring them into our Dr. Brown's bottles, but once you crack the seal, you have to use them w/in an hour which I don't want to happen. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Airport security liquid formula question

• Options

I would call to be sure, but as long as they are still sealed I believe its ok. I know formula has special regulations, compared to water, or any thing like that.

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    I had some juice boxes and bottled water when I traveled with DS.  TSA didn't open the bottled water.  They just swabbed the outside.  The TSA agent in Phoenix commented he didn't think all TSA agents would allow the water to go through because it could be bought on the other side of security.  He was surprised when I said the TSA agent who checked us through in Milwaukee didn't say anything about the bottled water as he checked it.  The TSA agent in Phoenix did ask me to open one of the juice boxes, so it could be tested.  While he knew they were for DS, he said that he needed to open and check one because they were over 3 oz and the container wasn't see-through.
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had no problems with security and BM. I had 16 oz with me and none of it was even checked. Like pp said, they may ask to check one, but I would be surprised if they checked all.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options

I had 8 bottles with sterilised water and a can of formula with me.  They took my whole diaper bag over to a special area and swabbed the outside of each bottle.  No problems.  Once they see the baby its fine and they have different rules for baby food.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin routinely flies up here to NE from Florida with her kids and they make her open the bottles and they wave a detector over them to check for fumes.  They never made her drink it but I have heard of that happening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They are not allowed to make you taste it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"