Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Natural Birth Friendly Hospitals in DFW (Dallas)?

We are looking for a hospital that is natural birth friendly, and modern. Granted we have insurance and being in our network would be ideal, (just need some recommendations for me to look at more closely.)

We would love a hospital that has a tub too! Even if they only allow laboring in the tub, and not birth! Finding it somewhat difficult just to locate one with laboring options.

Some things we are considering, but understand some may have to give:
-Baby stays in house for everything so long as no complications, first bath too!
-natural birth
-water labor/birth tub
-birthing ball allowed
-various labor/birth positioning allowed
-1 room (prelabor, labor, birth, after)
-Large rooms
-Spouse Friendly (sleeping couch, meals, allowed to go everywhere with baby...if mommy cannot)
- Sure I will have more!

Thank you so much in advance!

Re: Natural Birth Friendly Hospitals in DFW (Dallas)?

• Options
    I gave birth with DD at Texas Health HEB, I'm sure their Dallas hospital would be comparable.  They are wonderful at listening to what you want and as long as you don't request an epi, you can use the tub and birthing ball as you wish.  As soon as I was ready for DD to have her bath, the nurse came in and did everything from the hand/footprints to bath and shots in the room.  It was wonderful and we got some great shots of big brother helping.  I stayed in the same room for labor, birthing, and recovery.  As soon as a room opened up for post partum I was moved.  The L&D room was roomy enough for a few visitors but the post partum room was much bigger and had couch that pulled out into a bed for DH to sleep on.  It also had a very comfortable chair to rock DD in.  There was a lot more space for visitors in there as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your help! I will check into the Dallas and Arlington locations.

Everything you mentioned sounds wonderful! Aside from changing rooms, but that can be dealt with forsure.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would absolutely recommend Harris Methodist in downtown ft worth. They are awesome, I would never consider delivering at any other hospital
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!

I will look into them as well. We are trying to stay in Dallas area, but willing to go to the best!
  • Options
    Baylor Dallas ALL THE WAY!! They allow and support all of the things that you desire for your baby's birth! I am a doula and have been a part of many births there and I highly recommend BUMC Dallas to everyone.
    If you have any further questions, feel free to email me at: Beckyicraveyoga.net

Good luck!
  • Options

Mal922
    They sound wonderful! We have been looking at the facility online and I fell in love. I just could not find anything about labor/birth tubs. Thank you!

I will be calling them soon to see how our insurance works with them!

Best wishes on your new bundle of joy! Many Blessings!

• Options

Thank you DeepEllumDoula!
    I pray they work with our insurance or atleast with our budget too!

• Options

I delivered at Baylor All Saints and had a beautiful, amazing, unmedicated birth. HOWEVER, the midwife group I used no longer delivers there. I would suggest a birth center, but if you are set on a hospital, I suggest the UNT midwives at Harris. 

The Birth Boot Camp course can prepare you and your husband to have a wonderful, natural birth AND help you choose your provider and birth place! 

Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hello, could you provide a valid email address? I have some inquiries regarding the subject above. Thank you
  • Options
    That is to DeepEllumDoula...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"