Military Families
Options

Base Housing in Virginia

Hi ladies.  Thanks for chiming in on my other post "Virginia Bound".  My husband is looking into Base Housing.  Have any of you experienced it?  We know there are several different locations.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Base Housing in Virginia

• Options
    what branch what base? pretty much every branch has multiple bases in VA....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKtbug613:
    what branch what base? pretty much every branch has multiple bases in VA....

Oh yes, sorry.  Newport News Base, Navy 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Depending on your husband's rank there could be a long wait for housing. There is no housing at the shipyard but yorktown and langley have housing. best bet is to call the housing office and ask what you qualify for.

Did you ever get my PM?

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    imageufsandra85:

Depending on your husband's rank there could be a long wait for housing. There is no housing at the shipyard but yorktown and langley have housing. best bet is to call the housing office and ask what you qualify for.

Did you ever get my PM?

Thanks!  He's been calling the housing department.  The wait is long, 6 to 12 months in some places.  We're just wondering how the housing is as we won't be able to see it before we move there.  I did get your PM sorry, I'll go back to that.  It's always hard to find! ;) 

• Options
    We just left Langley in December. But my friend's boyfriend is Navy at the shipyard. They live in Hampton and like it. You just need to be careful with Newport News and Hampton.. They both have some shady areas but also very nice areas. I lived in Yorktown on the Hampton line (Tabb). It's a little more expensive, but I think it's worth it. We were on the housing list for Langley for 6 months before we were offered a house, but we were PCSing  two months later so it wasn't worth the move. All of Hampton Roads is so congested. So I would avoid a long commute, a 10 minute drive turns into a 30 minute ride easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"