Adoption

frustrated need to vent long

Hey everyone. I'm having one if those days/ weeks lately and just need to vent. We are currently in the research/ save process of DIA however I find it consumes my every thought. I am constantly researching and trying to learn as much as I can.

My husband, however is not as enthusiastic as I am. Its really frustrating that I feel we can't talk about this more together. He worries about the cost and I know that's where his hesitation comes from but it still upsets me. Anyone else go thru something similar?

Wow I wrote a book. Sorry!

Re: frustrated need to vent long

• I didn't have that experience while we were in the saving and researching phase, but my DH took a lot longer to get as excited about our plans as I was. Now that we've applied to our agency he is super excited and willing to talk a lot more about baby/adoption stuff with me. Just give him some time.
  • My husband is excited about our adoption, but not as obsessed with it as I am. I was the same way at first. I was constantly reading and researching, and it consumed my every thought. We have been in the process for 3 months now and it's getting easier for me. I am not as consumed as I was, and my daily activities are getting easier. But I do think the way you are feeling is normal. Men and women are wired differently. We think and react differently than the other. I think his reaction is pretty typical (not that it makes it any easier on us women) of a man. Have patience and he will come around. I wish you all the luck in the world :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your reply. I know he's fully on board with this I guess I can just go a little overboard and he's just a bit overwhelmed. Thanks for the advise.
  • imageedaire:
    My husband is excited about our adoption, but not as obsessed with it as I am. I was the same way at first. I was constantly reading and researching, and it consumed my every thought. We have been in the process for 3 months now and it's getting easier for me. I am not as consumed as I was, and my daily activities are getting easier. But I do think the way you are feeling is normal. Men and women are wired differently. We think and react differently than the other. I think his reaction is prettynbsp;typical not that it makes it any easier on us women of a man. Have patience and he will come around. I wish you all the luck in the world :

Thank you so much!! You as well!
  • My DH never really gets excited about things.  So I'm always way more "into" whatever than he will ever be.  We found that scheduling time to talk about foster parenting (for us) instead of me bombarding him every time I think of something I'd like to share allowed him to be more involved in the conversation.  That way he could have his space and I would know that we would still talk about it.  I actually have made lists of things I wanted to share with him inbetween our talks so that I wouldn't forget to tell him about that new blog I found or whatever new thing I found in my research.
  • imageelissaann26:
    My DH never really gets excited about things. nbsp;So I'm always way more "into" whatever than he will ever be. nbsp;We found that scheduling time to talk about foster parenting for us instead of me bombarding him every time I think of something I'd like to share allowed him to be more involved in the conversation. nbsp;That way he could have his space and I would know that we would still talk about it. nbsp;I actually have made lists of things I wanted to share with him inbetween our talks so that I wouldn't forget to tell him about that new blog I found or whatever new thing I found in my research.

That's really interesting. Was your husband an active participant in the talks or was it more of a way to keep the talk to a set time ?
  • My DH had trouble getting excited about it. He did better once we had met with the agency that we were going to work with. I was definitely the one who really pushed things forward though. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat as you! We are also planning and researching.

"I find it consumes my every thought. I am constantly researching and trying to learn as much as I can."  this is so me too and no so much my husband. He's supportative just not as proactive as I am, which I make up for it.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"