Special Needs
Options

NBR-(UPDATE)-I hate medical insurance companies!

So I posted about this yesterday on the health board---and then after that got a call from the testing place saying that the insurance company hasn't approved the nuclear stress test part.  I've had regular stress tests over the years and they are ridiculous.  This one will be able to really give me great information for once.  I still have crazy pain and now keep getting light headed--so it's not getting better, it's getting worse. 

Here is the post about the initial ordeal and dealing with my dr.  Now I have to deal with the insurance company--oh wait...I mean, God.  Because that's who they think they are. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71839114.aspx

I'm sure you ladies have dealt with insurance on issue--and can relate.  I've had to deal with them---and still am--- for DS1 and needed physical therapy.  Ridiculous.  I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable taking him to a phys therapist that #1 is super far and #2--doesn't deal with kids.  I should be able to choose.  I have a PPO.

UPDATE: 

So  I went for the tests yesterday not even knowing if the stress test would be covered--and afterwards the cardiologist on duty indicated it was a bit abnormal and would discuss with my dr.  This morning they called and said that the insurance would be covering it (good news)--but the bad news is that it indeed was abnormal--and that after exertion the tip of my heart wasn't getting enough blood.  They want to do an angiogram next week to see what's up-- could be a blockage.

You guys--I'm soooooo freaking scared that I feel like I could throw up.  I'm pretty sure this is the test that gave my father his 2nd heart attack.  I'm afraid that if they go in that they'll find something and try to fix it and something will happen.  I'm scared to death of leaving my children.  My husband doesn't quite "get" it.  My parents are scared I think--only because they've been through all of this before (my dad had to get quadruple bypass surgery).

I know--I should be glad that they caught it this early.  BUT I'm also sad that this is all happening so early.  You know what I mean?? 

Sorry--just had to vent.  I know with having special needs kids we all have a certain understanding of each other and the protection we have for our little ones. 

Re: NBR-(UPDATE)-I hate medical insurance companies!

• Options

I skimmed over your post on the Health board.  I have something called Wolffe Parkinson White, which is a congenital heart condition where I have extra pathways in my heart.  The pathways tell my heart to beat causing it to go into an arryhthmia ending in a SVT.  In other words, when it does this, my heart beats too fast.  Up until a year ago, it didn't really cause these SVT's.  February 13th of 2012 they started.  

The cardiologist threw a *** fit on my insurance when they wanted a regular stress test.  I went from the holster to the nuclear one, from there to a test where they map my heart.  I had surgery this summer where they zapped 2 extra pathways.  They said there were more but they couldn't get to all of them without doing more damage to my heart.  

While in the hospital, they realized I had sleep apnea.  It took from JULY until NOW to get a sleep study approved.  My insurance wouldn't budge on that one.  I am at risk, I am overweight, have a heart condition, have family history of apnea (my dad has a cpap machine), etc.  They didn't care.

• Options
    imagemommyof4boys:

I skimmed over your post on the Health board.  I have something called Wolffe Parkinson White, which is a congenital heart condition where I have extra pathways in my heart.  The pathways tell my heart to beat causing it to go into an arryhthmia ending in a SVT.  In other words, when it does this, my heart beats too fast.  Up until a year ago, it didn't really cause these SVT's.  February 13th of 2012 they started.  

The cardiologist threw a *** fit on my insurance when they wanted a regular stress test.  I went from the holster to the nuclear one, from there to a test where they map my heart.  I had surgery this summer where they zapped 2 extra pathways.  They said there were more but they couldn't get to all of them without doing more damage to my heart.  

While in the hospital, they realized I had sleep apnea.  It took from JULY until NOW to get a sleep study approved.  My insurance wouldn't budge on that one.  I am at risk, I am overweight, have a heart condition, have family history of apnea (my dad has a cpap machine), etc.  They didn't care.

OMG. That's insane!!! It's all about money--and they don't care about the people behind it. I'm not about lawsuits at all--but for this....I would.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I skimmed the other post too.  So this is a long shot with your health history, but I would ask for an ultrasound of your gall bladder.  Your symptoms sound a lot like my attacks. Having kids can mess with you and a lot of moms end up with stones.  the insurance will cover that. 

I was pregnant with DS2 when i started having problems and everyone sent me to someone else.  It was so frustrating.  After he was born I had the worst attack ever and I was home alone with the boys.  The next day I got my doc to finally get the ultrasound done.  

Hope you get this all straighten out soon.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I can't get past the fact that you were scared you were having a heart attack but to bed anyway "with prayers" that night and didn't get medical attention because it was a logistical headache.  What if you didn't wake up the next day?  Would it have been one of your kids your husband that found you dead in your bed?  

I'm sorry if that comes off as snarkish, but dang, that just seems like a seriously irresponsible thing to take a risk with.

Good Luck with the insurance, I hope you are able to get the medical treatment you need.

• Options
    I'm not saying you shouldn't get your heart checked out, but when I have panic attacks that's exactly what they feel like.  And I had gallbladder stuff too.  I also have a mitral valve prolapse and those can lead people to have more anxiety.  
  • Options
    I'm a nuclear medicine tech and perform heart stress tests. Given your abnormal result, you need a cath. The area "missing" on the stress images correlates to a coronary artery that the dr can open to reinstate blood flow. Please get the appropriate care, take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon!
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options

imagemrs_sexy:
    I'm a nuclear medicine tech and perform heart stress tests. Given your abnormal result, you need a cath. The area "missing" on the stress images correlates to a coronary artery that the dr can open to reinstate blood flow. Please get the appropriate care, take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your insight.  I appreciate it.  I think I'm just afraid of the whole procedure--and the fact that they said that (I forget what %) but if it's that, they balloon it or stint it.  Just afraid of something going wrong and leaving my two boys in that way.  Ugh.  Just all so scary--but then again I should be thankful at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"