Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Am I way behind??

My DS is 7 months and I feel like we are behind on food. He has been eating purees since 4 months. We went through some times where he would eat every night, and others where he would not be interested for a little bit. We have been steady now for a while on rice cereal mixed with fruit or veggie and rice cereal, but only once a day. I just today sent in food to daycare so he can eat rice cereal with fruit in the morning and then he'll get dinner when he comes home.

Still he is only eating rice cereal with purees. What else should he be eating? I want to try him on more "food" foods if that makes but I don't know where to start. He can sit unsupported and he knows how to gum his food because he eats puffs. I have tried a little avacado with him. What else? Sorry if this is rambling, but thank you for your suggestions in advance.

signed,

obvious FTM 

Re: Am I way behind??

• Options
    I dont think your behind. BM (or formula) is still most important at this point. My LO is almost 7 months and eat fruit/cereal in morning and veg/cereal in evening. In a months or so I might add lunch and add meats. How many times does your LO nurse a day (or how many oz. formula)?
  • Options

I feel the same way at times, I try to do the best I can. LO its fruit with oatmeal in the morning because she will not eat fruit alone. At night she gets veggies. I want to say more than over a month ago I started puffs. I want to start giving him more "finger foods" We been so busy we have been not been eating the healthiest, so far besides puff all we tried is feeding her some cut up green beans we had and she loved it. I have to start trying more. I'm going to get more of the foods she likes, sweet potato and instead of mushing it cut it up in chunks.  

I;m sure once we get the hang of it and they start eating more fingery foods it will be easier.. Good luck 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We only started solids at 6 months and is still only getting solids once a day. He is EBF and nurses about 7 times per day. Even when he eats solids, he doesn't seem interested in eating huge quantities and I don't push it as I want it to be fun and more about trying new things. We are still only in purees and cereals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It just depends on the baby.  My LO doesn't drink nearly enough formula as he should so he's been on 3 meals a day for a few months now to make up for it.  He eats rice cereal + a fruit in the morning (apples, pears, peaches, bananas), then in the afternoon he has some veggies (sweet potatoes, peas, squash, zuchinni, etc), and then at dinner time he has more veggies and I've added chicken or turkey too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"