nbr: anyone go to auburn or familiar with the area? — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

nbr: anyone go to auburn or familiar with the area?

DH and I will be there this weekend with free time for lunch/dinner on saturday.  anyone have recs for something fun, or a good place to eat? 

disclaimer:  dh is allergic to fish and we are both into simple, not fancy. thanks! :)   oh, and not bbq 

Re: nbr: anyone go to auburn or familiar with the area?

• My husband and I both lived in Auburn for a combined total of 11 years. With 2 kiddos you might want to go to Chewacla State Park off of Exit 51 of I85. There are plenty of easy trails and playgrounds. If you would like to eat somewhere fun with the kids maybe try Cheeburger Cheeburger. It is an old fashion diner with burgers, fries, and milkshakes. It is an awesome family oriented place and it is on College Street in downtown Auburn. You also might try Toomer's Drug Store. They have lemonade and deli like food. It is more of an atmosphere kind of thing there..not near as fun as Cheeburger for kids. Auburn is more geared towards college kids and retirees so there isn't much to do for a young family.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt16d19a.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Thank you, but we are actually going to a marriage retreat and will  be kidless!  Any different recs?  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I went to school there. In the downtown area, there is Amsterdam Cafe, which has a really nice atmosphere. It's a little more upscale than some other places, but overall everywhere in Auburn is pretty laid back. There's also Brick Oven Pizza Company, which was good. I haven't eaten at this place, but there is a gastropub called Zazu that supposedly has a lot of craft beers, etc and decent food.

A little ways out of downtown, you've got Niffers, which is a really laid back place that serves a big variety of stuff. Also, if you are into the chicken fingers/wings/fries thing, Buffalo Connection is the best. They all have websites from what I can remember, so maybe you can google them and see if they look good to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards