Special Needs
Options

brag day wednesday!

go!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: brag day wednesday!

• Options
    DD ate from a spoon on Saturday night. Apparently, she is too cool for baby food. The girl chowed down on sea salt caramel gelato (Talenti brand if you have not tried it get it - ah-maz-ing). She also has had some yogurt too but she really liked the gelato!
  • Options
    Grant has started to roll pretty consistently from belly to back. He did this before several months ago and stopped, so I'm hoping it sticks this time!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD1 seems to have taken a conversational leap -- she holds the thread a lot more fluidly & easily lately, for a longer period rather than just throwing in randoms. She has started wanting to answer the phone herself, or make telephone calls, so we are working on that and she is actually doing really great when people ask her questions about her day, etc. 

We started a responsibility chart for things like picking up toys at the end of the day, finishing all the potty steps (flushing and washing her hands instead of bolting back to play after she's done), etc. and man, she responds SO well to that kind of structure/reward. It's only been like 48 hours since I put it up and there's a huge decrease in the amount of reminding/nagging I'm doing.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

DD has always been a snuggly kid who loves to be held. Now if she's seated next to me or H (or her sitter) she'll lean over until she can rest her head on us. Then she'll sigh like she's the happiest kid ever. She will also nuzzle herself in next to you so that you're practically sitting on her. oh and she's taken to rubbing arms, or tummies when she's being snuggled.

• Options
    Every night I do the same routine when putting Owl to bed... Walk to bedroom together, give her a hug when she asks, give her a kiss when she asks, slowly tell her I...love...you and wait for her to repeat it back to me, put her in bed, tell her goodnight and leave the room.

On Monday night I had just given her a kiss when she started to say something, I waited to see what she was saying, not wanting to interrupt her unprompted words. Her very clear words were I...love...you. She did the same thing last night!
  • Options

Not exactly a brag, and not SN related but...

unless the dr changes his mind on Friday, I am going to be induced on Monday :) Life is about to get more interesting! 

• Options

During nap today Nate climbed out of his crib and landed on his head!!

odd brag, but I am happy he has reached this typical milestone. now we need to either get a crib tent or a big boy bed.....

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    imageJustinlove:

Not exactly a brag, and not SN related but...

unless the dr changes his mind on Friday, I am going to be induced on Monday :) Life is about to get more interesting! 

woot woot! how exciting! 

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

A day late ... Sir I has started getting himself a tissue and wiping his nose. He doesn't blow it, but is aware of the rivers of good running down his face. This is huge b/c his nose basically runs from Dec thru Mar!

Sir B - who rarely plays by himself - had been spening good amounts of time in his room building things with his legos. His ADHD usually lends itself to him needing entertained and jumping off the walls, so maybe this lego playing is an indication that his meds are working. Yay :)

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"