December 2012 Moms
Options

6 Week Monster?

I'm reading a book about healthy sleep habits and it says all babies are very fussy at the 6 week mark.

Was this true for you?

DD is 5 weeks 5 days and I'm thinking she is an early starter :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 Week Monster?

• Options

So...it's not just me?

I swear, Sam turned into a different baby just after 5 weeks. Hoping this is just a phase. A SHORT phase! 

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We started being more fussy around 5 weeks, but are 6  weeks today and she's not wanted to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time without being held.  I'm hoping it's a short phase, too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!  6 weeks was the height of the fussiness.  Babies are SUPPOSED to get progressively "better" after then.  My experience is that my LO has become more interactive (smiling, cooing) which makes the fussy spells more tolerable.  I guess there are fewer fussy days, too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's hit that mark too, I just hope he starts sleeping better too, I'm exhausted.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Options
    Just hit 7 weeks and hasn't happened yet... maybe she's a late bloomer.

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Yes, one day last week I felt like I had a colic baby. She still is a bit cranky during her awake time and is 7 weeks today. But it is defi itely a growth spurt time, she did some more frequent feedings for a couple days, and now wants to sleep all day. Hoping it evens out back into my happy baby soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, it started Thursday of last week when she started to be more fussy. Then this weekend she wouldnt stop nursing and then there were a few days when she didnt want to nap during the day and got up a lot during the night.

And last night and today she is sleep a lot. I dont mind this part. I just hope it means that the 6 week monster is finally gone.

• Options
    My son started a bad fussy phase around 6 weeks old.  It hasn't resolved yet at 9 weeks, but I think some days might be getting better.
  • Options
    imageMommaAmers:
    We started being more fussy around 5 weeks, but are 6nbsp; weeks today and she's not wanted to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time without being held.nbsp; I'm hoping it's a short phase, too!nbsp;

Mine is 8 weeks tomorrow and I can't get her to sleep more than 20 mins. I'm currently holding her just so she'll sleep. Not sure what's going on but I feel like the last several days ALL I've done ALL day is either feed her or try to get her to sleep. I'm beyond frustrated.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    Mine is 7 weeks as of yesterday and she has been fussy for a few days. Im glad to hear I'm not the only one. I was wondering what happened to my happy sleeping baby. I got a 20 min nap last night and then 2 hours after she was awake for over a hour. So I'm beat today and that is pretty much how it has been the passed few nights. Good Luck to everyone. I hope this ends soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"