Single Parents

Venting

Ok.. So I always knew being a single mother would be challanging, but I never expected it would be like this.

My son Lawrence, has food allergies, which consist of nut, eggs, wheat, milk, and now fish. And because the doctors waited so long to put his tubes in, he has developed a speech delay.

Many times, even now, I blame myself for this. Maybe I could have done something different and he wouldnt have to go through this. *deep breath.. Idk..

Is there anyone out there that knows how Im feeling?? Who has been through this and who has seen the light?? I could really use some advice.. Peace&Love

Re: Venting

• I'm sorry you are going through this! I don't have experience with allergies with my kids, but my sisters kids have food allergies. Don't blame yourself! If anything, be proud of yourself! You are dealing with all alone, that takes strength. 
    *Hugs*
  • Its alot to handle right now! I will send u good thoughts.

Call on your loved ones for support. And ofcourse its not your fault we are not experts on parenting and making medical decisions in a snap of a finger. THIS IS NOT UR FAULT! Stay strong and know children do outgrow allergies and there are many people that find a way to deal with it. I hope someone will post advice for you!  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"