Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Almost 9 months and still not...

Ok, my LO is almost 9 months and still not crawling, just rocking back and forth . Should i expect him to crawl soon??

We have started giving him chunkier baby food and some little puffs.. he gags on EVERYTHING !! Help! any tips to not make eating for him so painful?? i don't want him living the rest of his life off purees!! haa 

Re: Almost 9 months and still not...

• I wouldn't worry yet over either thing.

Crawling isn't a milestone for a baby. Some crawl and lots don't. He could skip over crawling all together and be an early walker. 

Gagging sucks but its a good thing too. I think just be consistent and offer food and he will eventually get the hang of it. Did you try food at different temps? He may love cold food or room temp food? Food before 1 is experimental anyways so just getting to experience food is good for now. I would just go slow and he will get it!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS was about a month from rocking to cross crawling, although after about 2 weeks of rocking he figured out a worm move to get himself forward.

As for the food, just keep trying. He's learning and gagging is part of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PP - I spent a good portion of my DS's (now almost four) first year concerned about these two items.  Pedi was never worried but I was pretty intensely concerned.  The good news is that I saw how it went w/ my DS (completely healthy) so I'm much less concerned now that my DD is starting off similar.

DS didn't crawl until 11 months (he did army crawl about 9 ish months). At 10 months, he started pulling up and cruising. At 11 months, he randomly started crawling on all fours one day.  He walked about 12.5 months - and I like to say he RAN about 13 months!

As far as eating, he wasn't a fan of chunky items or table food really until 10-11 months.  Just keep trying and he'll get it.  By 12 months, we were mostly off purees and into table food.  It happened pretty fast once he started liking it.

All in all, don't stress.  if he's already rocking - he's more than close enough! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks girls! 
  • we just started army crawling about a week and a half ago...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"