Adoption

Foster Placement!

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind!  I was in Vegas two weeks ago today for work and got the call from my husband that we had been chosen as the placement for 2 little boys we had put our names in for.

I got back home late Wed night, we took the boys and their grandparents to dinner on Thursday night and they moved in with us on Friday.

They are 6 and 7 and absolute sweeties.  They have been living with their grandparents the last three years and unfortunately it was just too much for them.  TPR has not occurred yet but things are moving towards that.

Our kids have adjusted well so far and the little boys are doing terrifically.  Of course it is the honeymoon period and I am thankful for the times that they begin to test boundaries.

The foster care system is so disorganized and overburdened - at least in my state, in my opinion.  The boys have an entire entourage of support folks but the communication between all of them and us is patchy and most times incomplete.

It continues to be a learning experience and our family is just in love with these boys!  So glad that I finally got to share with you all!! 

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.

Re: Foster Placement!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"