Maine Babies
Options

2 month appt today... shots!!

I'm not really looking forward to DD's doctor's appointment today.  We'll be getting her first round of shots and I know she is going to scream.  I'm also a little nervous because my SIL's son had a bad reaction to his first shots (the area swelled and got hard and painful).

Anyone else had experience with the 2 month shots yet?  How did it go?

Re: 2 month appt today... shots!!

• Options

We had the first shots yesterday.  Willem screamed like crazy, but quieted down as soon as I picked him up.  He was fine until about 3pm, when I think he was feeling achy, which turned into massive fussing.  Since he rarely cries for more than a second or two, it was upsetting to see him in distress.  He napped after a drive for about 2.5 hours, then had a rough night.  Lots of waking and cranking. 

Today, however, he seems back to his normally happy self.  Lots of smiling and playing.  Right now he's asleep in my lap.  He must be tired after his relatively sleepless night. 

Good luck today!  According to the literature I got, very few babies have serious reactions to the vaccinations.  Hope your DD handles it well.

• Options
    We haven't had our two-month appt yet, and I'm not looking forward to it!  Good luck today!  I hope your DD doesn't have any kind of reaction at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

our first round of shots were the worst... mainly because the tetanus shot hurt her so bad (hot, swelling, red leg) but Tylenol every 4 hours and a cool washcloth (just cool water on it and turn it over every couple of mins) took all the heat and red out of that leg. other than that she did OK, she slept almost constantly and only woke to eat and cry for my Tylenol. but we gave her the Tylenol every 4 hours for 24 hours and she was fine the next day (back to her perfectly normal self).

just remember to take the Tylenol with you, they'll weigh your LO and give you a chart of how much to give her, allow you to give the first dose just before the shots, then they will do 2 shots in each thigh, hopefully very quickly, then you get to pick them up imediately, soothe or nurse them (helped DD so much to comfort nurse after that) then she pretty much passed out for the rest of the day. 

GL... its harder on the moms than it is on the babies...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second Laustique.  He was fussy the afternoon/night of the shots but fine the next morning.  We gave him tylenol which helped and I let him use me as a human pacifier for several hours in the afternoon since it was the only thing that made him happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"