D.C. Area Babies

Baby father problems

I am 14wks and my partner has been against this pregnancy from the beginning.  He was of the opinion that i should have had an abortion and is still pushing for me to do it.  Now he is to the point of wishing me and the unborn baby dead.  I have tried to keep away from him as much as possible now he says i am being disrespectful by not answering his calls.  I just feel like talking to him gets me upset and i don't need that right now as i am also dealing with a health issue.  I told him if he does not want to be in this child s life i am more than willing and capable of doing by myself.  Any suggestions.

Re: Baby father problems

• If he's wishing you were dead, call the police and get a restraining order. There's no reason to put up with a man who's wishing you and the baby harm.

• Greetings,

I'm sorry you are going through this experience. Knowing that bringing life into the world is suppose to be a time of joy, however some people can be very selfish.  I agree with the other mommy; you may want to seek a restraining order and distance yourself from him as far as possible. This is not the time for you to be stressed.  It's not good for you or your baby.  Best wishes to you both.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm confused; he wishes you ill, but YOU'RE being disrespectful by not taking his calls? Uh, no.

Try to get a restraining order, or possibly an order of protection. Do NOT underestimate this man; have friends or family walk you to your car, and if he approaches you, don't engage him. Just walk to someplace safe, and call the police. 

He doesn't sound like he wants to be involved in this child's life in a positive way; that will be tough for you and your baby as time goes by. But speaking as someone who had a destructive parent, better to miss out on something like that, than have it in your life, causing chaos. 

Also, consider getting massages, and seeing if your insurance will cover that. Massage can help with any number of pregnancy-related medical issues, and your insurance might be able to help you out. If not, also consider prenatal yoga and meditation. You have to focus on your health, and your baby right now, not some jackass.

Much love to you and the little one...

• First of all virtual hugs to you! I will continue to pray for you and your baby's safety and well being. I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this type of thing. I recommend that you get yourself a restraining order because he sounds like he is a nut. Please don't take this lightly. If he is threatening you, then it's serious business. Let the authorities deal with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"