Single Parents
Options

A not so healthy environment

I am so worried for what's to come.

I am 23 weeks pregnant as well as a first time Mother. I currently live with my parents and the baby's father lives with his parents. We are in the process of trying to move out but have other bills and baby to worry about first. That being said once my daughter is born she will stay with me at my parents home. However my dad does not want the father to live here. I want him to be involved and not miss out on the first months if our daughters life but this is where my concerns come into play And please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My boyfriends parents home is by far the most disgusting house I've been in. The mother is a hoarder and there is junk everywhere. They have 3 dogs and 3 cats that piss and poop all over the house. On rugs, couches, floors, cabnints ect... Not to mention they do not clean the piss up they let it dry and don't was anything. The house smells horrible and there is mold growing in the down stairs bathroom. The kitchen has old food, dirty dishes and gargabge everywhere.

As a first time Mom I do not want my daughter being in that environment. And my boyfriend says its going to come down to a custody battle if I don't allow her to be at his parents house ever.

Will human services or the courts allow her to be in their home with the conditions?

Re: A not so healthy environment

• Options
    No they will not. No worries on your part.
  • Options

I would hope if someone called Human Services that his mother got the help she needed.  A lot of hoarders have deep-rooted psych issues (usually that stem from a loss) and have a hard time controlling their habits.  If they knew/saw the extent of the problem, they might even condemn the house (which isn't really what I would push/hope for).

However, like TXSTKGRL said, neither Human Services nor the court system will allow an infant to be in a potentially hazardous environment.  It sounds like his parent's house is part science experiment... 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"