Stay at Home Moms

If you have a black Carseat..

Does it get really hot in the summer? I drive a black jeep, and the windows are overly tinted (read: annoying). I'm going to get the Clek Foonf for Elliot. I was planning on getting the green one, but right now on Amazon the Drift version is $399, compared to the $480 green one. Part of me wants to go ahead and buy the black one because of the good price, but DH pointed out that it might get super hot in the summer. 

What say you?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have a black Carseat..

• imagenonasimonsen:
    Cooper's is black and grey and it did get hot this summer. My interior is also black...so basically my whole car gets balls hot in our 100 degree summer heat.

good to know. I wonder if there's something I could buy to keep the seat cool. I saw a thing on interest that some one made and it was like a large ice pack that sat in the seat and kept it cool when they weren't in the car (and was removed before the child got it, obviously)
  • I have three black Clek boosters and they don't get hot. Of course, I have black leather seats as well, so everything is relative. I love Clek stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKateMW:
    I have three black Clek boosters and they don't get hot. Of course, I have black leather seats as well, so everything is relative. I love Clek stuff.

If they don't expire soon and you're interested in selling me one to use in a couple of years, I'd take one off your hands. =) 
  • We have a black carseat and a black double stroller and neither one gets too hot in the Summer. 
  • That's guys for all the replies! I'm going to go for it and save the money. If I need to DIY something to keep it cool I will. But saving 80 is going to give me some extra money to spend on his birthday party or put in our vacation fund.
  • Huh... DD's infant seat was black last summer, and I never noticed an issue. It doesn't get spectacularly hot here, but it's pretty warm. You can always leave a window just a bit cracked, for some air flow. We always do that anyways for the dog. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• If you do have a problem with the black seat, try throwing a light colored bath towel over the seat while you're parked -- like a sun shade for the car seat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have black carseats and black leather interior and our carseats don't get too hot.
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • We have darker colored car seats and the fabric has always felt fine.  The part of the seat you have to be careful with are the metal clips because those can get really hot in high heat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Aren't most seats all black?  Our are and never get hot, but the metal clips get scorching hot in the summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a black car, black leather seats, and black carseats... I live in Texas it's 8000 degrees here in the summer but I have tented windows use a windshield cover in summer and I have an amazing air conditioner in my car. I've never had a problem.
  • My truck interior is all dark grey and I park in the shade and start my truck before we have to leave and allow the A/C to run before putting DS in the seat. If I'm at a store or something, I will hold him until it cools down a bit.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • I bought a little silver shower cap style cover to put over the convertible seat, mostly to keep the buckles from getting scorching hot. I haven't used it yet, but we did the same thing with a white bath towel last summer, and it really helped keep the seat comfy for DS.

• We have a black with pink flower car seat, we just got it but we are n Florida so we have had hot days and it seems fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"