Boston Babies

Milford Regional Medical Center

We recently moved to Hopkinton and I'm looking for a new OB/GYN and obviously, a place to deliver in October provided everything goes well!

Has anyone delivered at Milford? Recommended or no? Any bad stories or experiences I should know about? Other recommended places in the area?

Thanks!

TTC since Sept 2010
Aug 2011 - SA reveals no sperm
Jan 2012 - biopsy, b/w = Sertoli-only syndrome, DH doesn't make the cells needed to make sperm, moving on to DS
IUI# 1 - 4/1/12 - BFN
IUI# 2 - 5/4/12 - BFN
IUI# 3 w/ Clomid - 6/4/12 - BFN
IUI# 4 w/ Clomid, new donor - 7/5/12 - BFN
IUI# 5 w/ Clomid & trigger shot/Novarel - 8/3/12 - BFN
~Cycle Off~
IVF# 1 - 19 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 8 frosties. 5-day transfer. Beta #1 - 11/20/12 - BFN
FET# 1 - 1/23/13 - BFP - beta 2/4/13 - 266, beta 2 - 623, beta 3 - 1452
Due 10/10/13 - It's a Boy!
You, Me and Someone Else - updated 5/24/13 - 20 week update

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Milford Regional Medical Center

• I haven't heard anything either way, but my friends in Hopedale chose Worcester and I am using Framingham.  My OB's office is next to the hospital in Framingham.  We chose Framingham because that is where my regular doctor is and I got the OB recommendation from him.  So far we really like him and the other people at his practice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally had a very bad experience while i visited their ER while pregnant. That being said, mostly ER rooms don't know much about obstetrics. I've heard some folks who were not high risk say it was a good experience.

• Loading the player...
  • I will be delivering at Milford.  All of my siblings and their 4 children were born there.  I have yet to hear any bad stories from the hospital and it's usually rated one of the best maternity wards in the state.  The only downfall I'm aware of is that there is no NICU.  The nearest NICU's are Woman's and Infants in Providence, Newton-Wellesly, and one of the Worcester hospitals (I think UMASS, but not positive).

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I delivered my baby girl on Dec 30 at Milford...my husband and I live in Bellingham. I had a great experience and couldnt have asked for anything better. The nurses and doctors were awesome and really helpful. Im a first time mom and they made me feel much more at ease as much as I could be!

Good luck and please let me know if you have any more questions!

Jessica

DD1 born 12.30.12

#2 due 6.29.15

• I actually live in Hopkinton as well (moved there about a year ago) and due the beginning of November.  My Obgyn is out of Needham and part of Beth Israel, so I am just going to stick with that.  I have been to Milford ER once before with my husband and I would rather stick with previous OB. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My maternity clinical rotation for nursing school was at MRMC.  They have a nice maternity unit with some great doctors and nurses.  I had a really good experience and learned a lot from their awesome staff. 
    EmmasleepingNalaPregnancy Ticker
  • I also had my daughter at Milford. I live in Bellingham. I loved Milford and had no problems. Loved everyone I met there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • EDIT - Oops, I see you had the baby. Congrats. I guess I didn't need to respond :) 

I delivered at Milford last year. I have also gone there to the ER twice (first time mom overreactions) with baby.  The maternity ward is Awesome! The nurses and doctors were absolutely wonderful. While I was there they provided me different items to help with my delivery such as yoga balls, chairs, walking around. The lights were dimmed during delivery and baby was given to me immediately by placing her on my chest. They waited until I was ready to take her to the side for an evaluation/bath and etc. They did not push breast feeding vs formula. They asked what I wanted/needed and provided positive instruction.

Your OB/GYN may not be the one who delivers. They are on a rotation. Mine came in to visit but the day I had the baby was not her on call day. But, I really liked the doctor who delivered. He came in to introduce himself and would stay to chat with both me and my husband. He even came by to chat after baby was born about baby and us.  Also, he made sure to explain everything he did while baby was delivered and after delivery.

We are talking about having baby number 2 and I plan on going to Milford again. We also took a parenting class (which included baby CPR) there before delivering which I would recommend. Check to see if your insurance covers the class. They also provide tours of the maternity ward. When I went they took us into the rooms and showed us all the different options available. Some rooms have jacuzzi tubs if you want to deliver that way.  They also provide free child classes  after baby is born. You can go to these classes with baby and talk to other moms and nurses about anything and everything. It's a great place to vent and receive advice. There are other classes as well but I didn't take them. I'm sure they are good.

The ER visits with munchkin were fine. The first time they had the pediatrician come down and check her out. I think his name is Dr. See (or something similar). He was also the pediatrician that discharged us after baby was born. He sat there and talked to us and answered all our questions. Never did he rush us out. The second ER visit we just saw the ER doctor. The nurses were very sweet as well. No ER visit is fun but they were courteous and didn't keep us waiting long. 

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Good Luck 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageAbMurph:

EDIT - Oops, I see you had the baby. Congrats. I guess I didn't need to respond :) 

I have totally NOT had the baby...not even close. :op 

Thank you for the detailed response! I appreciate it!

TTC since Sept 2010
    Aug 2011 - SA reveals no sperm
    Jan 2012 - biopsy, b/w = Sertoli-only syndrome, DH doesn't make the cells needed to make sperm, moving on to DS
    IUI# 1 - 4/1/12 - BFN
    IUI# 2 - 5/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 3 w/ Clomid - 6/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 4 w/ Clomid, new donor - 7/5/12 - BFN
    IUI# 5 w/ Clomid & trigger shot/Novarel - 8/3/12 - BFN
    ~Cycle Off~
    IVF# 1 - 19 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 8 frosties. 5-day transfer. Beta #1 - 11/20/12 - BFN
    FET# 1 - 1/23/13 - BFP - beta 2/4/13 - 266, beta 2 - 623, beta 3 - 1452
    Due 10/10/13 - It's a Boy!
    You, Me and Someone Else - updated 5/24/13 - 20 week update

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this post was from last year. But I live in metrowest and am looking for a new OB could you recommend one? I gave birth to my first at South Shore Hosp and my OB was in Quincy. Thank you so much!
  • I know this post was from last year. But I live in metrowest and am looking for a new OB could you recommend one? I gave birth to my first at South Shore Hosp and my OB was in Quincy. Thank you so much!
    I'm in Ashland. We used Southboro medical group in Southboro (OB and pedi) and delivered at Newton-Wellesley.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"