Special Needs
Options

Self Care Check-In

It can be difficult to care for yourself when you are caring for the special needs of your child.  However, we're all at our best when we are able to carve out some time for ourselves.  So, tell us...

Last week's self care challenge was to have lunch or dinner with a friend, were you able to do it?  How did it go?  Will you be scheduling more "lunch dates"?

If you did not have lunch or dinner with a friend, what did you do this week in terms of self care?

This week's challenge: Rewatch your favorite movie.  Watch it with your SO, invite a friend over, or enjoy it all by yourself.

image      image      image

Re: Self Care Check-In

• Options

My co-worker/friend cancelled. I don't blame her. I think I would have cancelled if I got a colonoscopy, too. In the back of my mind, I don't know if we would go out for a meal.

DH and I did get yogurt again at the mall.

I think I would want to watch Night at the Roxbury. Who knows what I would be in the mood for. Lately, it has been Everybody Loves Raymond.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SIL invited me over to help her clean on Friday after some remodeling had left her kitchen a disaster. Well we ended up not cleaning, just had some wine and she vented about her divorce proceedings. Not my favorite topic for conversation but the wine was great, and I enjoyed just being able to get out of the house. DH is wonderful about that. He is pretty much a hermit haha but he encourages me to get out whenever I get the chance.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I skipped last week, but I'm back!

I had lunch plans with a friend on Friday, but she cancelled so I ended up helping a different friend with lunch for her kids. She had been having a difficult week, so I offered to step in and help out a little. So much for SELF-care, lol. On Sunday I had lunch with my mom, and we saw a movie. It was fun!

I would also like to AW 6 pounds of weight loss. I have been working hard on taking care of my health and fitness this month, and it's paying off!

DH and I have been watching the Harry Potter movies. We watched the first part of the last set of movies over the weekend. This weeks challenge will be easy because we are both excited to finish. I will also continue watching RENT during my treadmill walk/runs, and I'll switch to Dirty Dancing when I finish with that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I LOVE RENT!

That's probably what I'll watch this week.  It is onw of my favorite movies.

I didn't have lunch with a friend.  But, I have plans to meet up with a friend this week.  She's been home with a newborn and a 2 year old for about 2 months and is going stir crazy.  I think it will be nice for both of us.

image      image      image
  • Options
    No lunch with a friend for me but I did manage to have some quiet time for myself each day, not sure how that happened but it's been nice!

I'm going to watch something by myself, DW's ADD makes me ADD during movies because I'm too busy watching her, lol. I will probably watch Country Strong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"