Adoption

Kaepernick Adopted!

Watching the Superbowl today and so excited that Kaepernick made it even though I don't care much for football!  If you didn't know, he was adopted - I can't remember if we are allowed to post links so I'm not going to, but google news has a couple of great stories about his parents, the loss of their children and why they adopted - it's a must read. Happy Sunday everyone!
Mommy to Jude, Zara, Cruz & Ever. Waiting to adoption one (or two) more. Blogging at www.houseoflovelock.com

Re: Kaepernick Adopted!

• I was so excited to hear about that also! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • I was sorry to read that he has no interest in ever meeting his birth mother, however.  She must be so proud of  him.
  • Loading the player...
  • I read a little bit about that too, from what his birth mom said it seems she hasn't ever tried to contact him or his adoptive parents since placement. As much as I 100% respect his birth mom and her rights, he's an adult now and has to choose to meet her also. I can't imagine how hard it would be as a young adult to know your birth mom never tried to contact you. (Dealing with that personally right now as our son's mom doesn't even pick up the photos we send. I love her so much and won't ever mention it as a negative to our son, but don't know how he will feel as he gets older because that's a hard pill to swallow.) 
    Mommy to Jude, Zara, Cruz & Ever. Waiting to adoption one (or two) more. Blogging at www.houseoflovelock.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"