November 2012 Moms
Options

Half Mara!

Me and a friend of mine decided yesterday that we're running a 1/2 in May. I ran one nearly 3 years ago so I'm excited to train and do another. I am a little nervous about training while EBF and trying to find time! Then in October maybe doing a full.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Half Mara!

• Options
    sounds great, when in May?  I was thinking the same thing but I ran 3 mi the other day and had a hard time...kinda worried about getting up in mileage by May with the little time I have now...
  • Options
    Awesome! Good luck! I need to be training better than I am. I'm running the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago in April. It's no half marathon, but I'm not the best runner! Lol!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe it's May 12. When I trained last time it took me 7 weeks before I did the full 13.1. But considering I just had a baby I'm thinking it'll probably take a bit longer this time! I should add though...I'm a slooooww runner!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    GL! Exciting! I'd like to do another full this Fall as well. Better get off my asss!

image   My chart 

• Options
    Dude yes!! I was just going to do a post asking if there are any runners out there. I just signed up for seven 5k races that go from March to July. Then I also signed up for a long distance relay race in September. It's called reach the beach. You run in a team of 12 for a total of 200 miles in 24 hours. Each team member runs 3 legs. I've never done anything that big before but I'm really excited to try.

This is my goal to get back in shape. I can barely run a mile right now! I ran XC in high school and I want to get back to doing some fun competition. I downloaded the couch to 5K app to help me get back on track. It's been really helpful!

Any other runners out there? We could have a runners check in to help us stay on track if anyone is interested

ETA: weird. Last night when I read this none of the other replies had loaded. So obviously there are other runners and I found the fitness check in. I'm just going to chalk this one up to a mixture of user error and mommy brain xD
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"