April 2011 Moms

Passing this on for a friend...book on home birth turned to c-section

Hi, All,

My friend Courtney has edited a book of essays from women who intended to have a home birth and ended up with c-sections. It's meant to help women who had this experience reconcile their hopes with their actual outcome. I don't remember everyone's birth story, but I thought I would post this here in the hopes that you would pass it on if you could. Thanks!

~Shaindel 

---- 

Hello friends and family,

As many of you all know, for the past 14 months I've been working on a book about birth that begins at home but ends at the hospital for a cesarean. This is often a traumatic experience for women and until now, it's never been talked about or even named. 

I've started an online support group that has 600 members and an in-person support group for Homebirth Cesarean mamas in Portland. I've partnered with the woman who was my midwife to help write this book and over the past year we've interviewed nearly100 women, midwives, doctors, therapists and birth professionals from around the world about Homebirth Cesarean.

And now we need your help because writing a book isn't free. We need to pay for an editor, photographer, designer and hire childcare. Our objective is to find a publisher who is interested in this book, but our financial goals are based on the possibility of needing to self-publish. So we have launched a fundraising campaign to help make this happen. 

Indiegogo is a funding platform for projects where people contribute money to the project and earn ?perks?, or rewards, based on specified donation levels. These perks mostly come from within the Homebirth Cesarean community and are typically something that you will only find by contributing to our campaign.   

Our Indiegogo campaign has launched and will last 37 days. We will be sending updates, slideshows and videos about our project throughout the campaign via email, facebook and Twitter. Please share these with your community, friends, family, midwives, and other birth workers. In order to make this work, we need to rally support from all over the world! We need to reach out to those of you who may have some money to give or time to spread the word so that we can take the steps to complete this book. 

Here is the link to the fundraising campaign:

Thanks so much everyone!! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Courtney 

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"