Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro...so sad to be joining (Warning: long)

I'm 27, my DH is 28. Our first loss was in November, although I can't say we were actively trying to conceive. I'd had what I believed to be a normal AF, but some spotting restarted on day 8 or 9. I ended up with a BFP, but US showed an empty uterus, and some bleeding around my right ovary. Hcg was in the 50's and had dropped down in 48 hrs. OB felt like it was an ectopic (although nothing visible), but I had no pain...I feel it was a chemical pregnancy. 

Fast forward to 1/9, DH and I were scheduled to go out of the country, AF was expected around 1/12. Cycles have typically been 32-35 days, and we were not necessarily TTC. BFN on 1/9. AF never showed, had some VERY light brown spotting 1/15-16. Got home on 1/17 and got a BFP. Elated/scared/nervous, etc. called my OB, got an appt for 2/12 (approx 10 weeks). I did all sorts of research, found this was fairly typical, so I just planned on waiting. 

I had some mild cramping/stretching which I continued to see/read was completely normal, however no other PG symptoms. Started spotting (brown, fairly light) on 1/25, got in for a transvaginal U/S, showed no gestational sac, however uterine wall was nice and thick and had an intact corpus luteum cyst. OB didn't seem too concerned, thought maybe my dating was off (LMP 12/9). Hcg only 400's, and dropped by 1/28. OB called to tell me what I already suspected was happening. I started MC'ing by 1/29 (or so I think). 

I'm just so sad, and feel like I must be doing something wrong. I'm a non-smoker, occasional drinker, don't drink any caffeine, no history of STD's or reproductive issues. I have a normal BMI of 21-22, although I'm not super active. I have been on BC for a looooong time (14 years?), but have been off almost a full year. I'm just someone who likes to know the whys, and unfortunately I just can't come up with any.

I've been lurking on the boards for about a week, unsure of how to put my feelings into words. I hope I can be as helpful to others as you gals seem to be. Thanks for getting through all of that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed

Re: Intro...so sad to be joining (Warning: long)

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard to wrap your head around having multiple losses when you are a young, healthy woman. I am going through all the same things in my head and I just wish I had a reason so that I could fix it. I know that two losses can still just be considered bad luck but it doesn't make me feel any better. I hope you continue to find support on the board. big ((hugs)) to you.

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• imageJE2249:

I'm just so sad, and feel like I must be doing something wrong. I'm a non-smoker, occasional drinker, don't drink any caffeine, no history of STD's or reproductive issues. I have a normal BMI of 21-22, although I'm not super active. I have been on BC for a looooong time (14 years?), but have been off almost a full year. I'm just someone who likes to know the whys, and unfortunately I just can't come up with any.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Regarding the bolded above -- You never will come up with a why, so this will only continue to frustrate you. There are many people here who are in the same position as you. Sometimes these things just happen. It's awful, but true.

I hope that being here with us can help you with your healing process. Take care.

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your losses and that you are going through this. I am fairly new to this board as well and it has helped reading other women's experiences and to have the support knowing that you are not alone.  I totally know what you mean about wanting answers, too.  ((hugs))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Sorry to see you here.  The why, is a total *** (especially after the second loss) and it tortures me constantly too.  I have a follow up next week post-D&E and if aanthing helpful comes from it I promise to clue you in.
    Married 11/11/11
    BFP 8/28/12 US 9/20/12 HB 120 US 10/01/12 no HB
    BFP 12/21/12 US 01/21/13 Blighted Ovum
  • Thank you all so much for welcoming me, and for the kind words. I am also very sorry for all of your losses, and for your pain and frustration. I will have an appointment in a couple weeks, at which I'm sure I'll bombard my OB with questions that don't have answers.

Like I said in my initial post, I hope that I can be a sounding board and open ears for you all as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"