October 2012 Moms

Bath fiasco

So yeah... we had an interesting bath tonight. I'm doing bath and bedtime alone tonight, so I decided to give them a bath at the same time. This took a little coordination. I had the bathroom all set up, and I was feeling good about myself since there were no meltdowns. See, I've been waiting for J to poop and she finally did it, while in the tub with her sister! I scooped her up as soon as I realized she was pooping, and placed her on the towel I had ready on the floor. I got K out of the tub next and drained the water. So there they were, looking at me, one in her own poop mess. I cleaned her up and started all over! The whole process was quite an ordeal! Uggg, come home dh!!!

Re: Bath fiasco

• Eww poopy baths! At least they weren't screaming!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageOlivebeinmamma:
    Eww poopy baths! At least they weren't screaming!

Yep, they were perfectly fine during all that, but screamed bloody murder when I lotioned them!

• Loading the player...
  • My brother used to do that to me, then when mom stopped bathing us together he'd add his dirty diapers from the bathroom diaper pail to my bath water. Hopefully J doesn't grow up to find sissy in poop water as amusing as my brother!
  • That must have been time consuming if you had to start the process all over!

How do you give them a bath at the same time?  Right now we do them separately, but I'm thinking around 5 mos we might do it at the same time with an inflatable tub in the acutal tub.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagedvladybug:

That must have been time consuming if you had to start the process all over!

How do you give them a bath at the same time?  Right now we do them separately, but I'm thinking around 5 mos we might do it at the same time with an inflatable tub in the acutal tub.

Normally we do one at a time too, but since I was by myself I wanted to get it over with. I placed a towel and a pillow on the bathroom floor, and had two more towels ready to dry them with. Got them naked on the pillow/towel on the floor. Filled the tub, and put a rolled up towel in the water. I place them in the tub side by side with their head and shoulders propped up on the towel, so their heads are out of water. When we're done, I pull them out, wrap in a towel and place back on the floor. I've heard of MoMs placing a towel in the RNP and bathing one baby, then switch them out. That sounds like it would work well. We have a baby tub, but they *hate* it, and I think it's hard to wash them in it. I should try the inflatable tub like you're talking about. Right now the rolled up towel under their head and shoulder is working well.

• A friend of mine a couple weeks ago was bathing her 4 month old and 1 1/2 year old together. The little one pooped and the big one ended up with pink eye. The joys of parenthood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"