Cloth Diapering

DS is almost 40 pounds

I fell off the CD wagon in late October.  Morning sickness was kicking in and DS suddenly grew and I was unprepared.  Instead of ordering more it was nice to just use sposies for a little bit.  Then we got busy with the holidays.  Then he showed a lot of interest in potty training so I wanted to see how that went.  It's going decent but we certainly still need them for naps and night time, even errands and I am getting so sick of buying sposies. 

DS weighs 36 pounds and I know the weight limits are only approximate.  He's always needed to size up before hitting the weight limit, he's got a bit of a wide bottom.  We would only need this size for a few months, the goal being day time trained by the time #2 comes in June but I need something that goes past 40 pounds.  And I need something totally natural because I've got immensely hard water and every time I try microfiber I end up with stink issues.

Anyone have suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DS is almost 40 pounds

• prefolds and blueberry covers?!? Maybe buy one to try first?  If it's only for naps, it wouldn't be expensive.  A hemp prefold for ON?

• Toddler prefolds from Green Mtn. Diapers and Bummis X-Large covers. You could probably get away with just getting three covers and 12 prefolds.
  • FuzziBunz large or XL stuffed with bamboo instead of the microfiber it comes with?

Or the GMD XL prefolds or workhorses and a Bummis cover.

• Could you get some toddler trainers and just use extra inserts?

And, ygpm

• I've been debating trying the Kissaluvs pocket trainers at night. I'm sure DD2 is going to outgrow our OS pockets before she's night trained. I think the 3T goes to 40 lbs.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • image sosoph:

Could you get some toddler trainers and just use extra inserts?

And, ygpm

That is a good idea.

And replied.  Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son is 3637 pounds and B4 Oversize fitteds fit him quite nicely.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards