Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

First menstrual cycle after birth!

Anyone get their period yet? What is it like? I think I may have mine but I an confused! Everyone says it was supposed to be heavy, but mine is not! Anyone experience a light first period after birth? 

Re: First menstrual cycle after birth!

• Options
    My LO is 2 months old and I have not had a cycle yet. I just took my first round of birth control out to have a cycle. I only breast feed for 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Mine was pretty normal with DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At one point, I thought I was going to bleed to death! haha It was SO heavy and I cramped really bad. It last for about 5-6 days and I was 7 weeks PP when I got it. 
  • Options
    No AF here yet but with my older boys my first periods were pretty heavy!

• Options
    judst had mine, and I am still nursing so Im not sure if that affects it or not but mine was super light!!! lasted less than 3 days and I think I wore a thick pad for lkess than 5 hours.. I was very surprised
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

still waiting for mine. 

With my first it was fairly heavy, with cramps (normal for me), but nothing a little motrin couldn't handle.  I nursed for 6 weeks and then I think I got it about 10-11weeks post partum the first time.

• Options
    I was 8 weeks PP and it was pretty heavy - heavier than prior to pregnancy but the PMS was the same...
  • Options
    I had one 5 weeks pp, and it lasted a full week. : Wasn't heavy though. The next one was normal, just a week late.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first period just over a month after lo was born. I think it was the heaviest period I've ever had. I will say that was one thing I didn't miss!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine at around 7 weeks it was heavy the first day, I had to use super tampons for the first time, and then it was pretty light for the rest did a normal for one day and light or none the rest, it seemed short but I wasn't keeping track, it also came and went, one day I'd need a tampon the next I wouldnt...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"