December 2010 Moms

Any moms of 2 debating #3?

We'll be discussing this further in a few months, but I am SO back and forth!! I kind of want a third, but I had rough pg's- GD, horrible MS, huge babies, c/sx2. Not to mention my refux/colicky children and general newborn lack of sleep- not a fan!! There's also the problem of the boys needing to share a room, fitting 3 carseats in the car, and paying for daycare!!! I feel like if we had one more bedroom and I was a SAHM, I wouldn't think twice.

Anyone else this undecided? If you decide to TTC, when would you do so? I'd like to start this summer if we go for it!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Any moms of 2 debating #3?

• Nope no more babies for me!! I think maybe if I didnt have one of each I would maybe slightly think about it but I am content with two. I dont know where I would put a 3rd if I wanted one and my luck I would get pregnant with twins or something
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Overall - I think we are done at two. For the practical reasons you stated (high blood pressue/bedrest both pregnancies, sleep deprevation and newborns are tough, small house). Plus - DH is in school 3-4 nights a week for the next 4-5 years - so I don't think I can handle 3 kids for dinner/bedtime by myself most of the time.

But....on the other hand those all seem like short term "problems" and when we look waaay into the future I love the idea of 3 kids running around and bigger holiday functions, etc.

I had such a tough time as a FTM with a colicy non-sleeping baby that I said "one and done!". But then we starting talking about having more and then I was pregnant right after he turned 1.

All that to say...we aren't making any decisions or doing any serious talking about it until DS2 is 18 months old. That's still a year away for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are not preventing but not trying.  I would like 3 DH on the fence so we are just seeing what happens.  ( we had ttc and did iui to get pg with Audrina, Lydia was an unassisted Pg).  Ideally I would like to get pg this fall or next spring and have Lydia and the baby 2- 2 1/2 years apart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We want three children if money and space allow. My husband just started a new career, and we are tight with money righ nOw so we have to see how things Play out. Ideally we would start trying again in the fall.
  • I think we're done at 2. I wouldn't mind having a third, but we just can't do it financially. We added a bedroom for DD, so now with one of each a third kid would share a room with them depending on gender. But I don't like being pregnant, and my delivery with DD was really rough. I'm kind of ok with the idea of being 'done.'
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm pregnant with #2 right now so I don't really count but I definitely see why you're debating it. I have always thought we'd have either 2 or 3. Already I am dreading this pregnancy because the last one, which wasn't even that bad, was still not that good! So far it's been pretty hard with m/s. And I also really don't like newborns. I loved DS when he was born but once he got older I was like, "oh, nevermind, THIS is love." 

You could consider adoption also. Not that it's easy but I have heard of people doing it after having bad pregnancies but if they want another child. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have always said we wanted 2 and the 3rd would be negotiable. My pregnancies have been fairly easy and non complicated, newborn with A was ROUGH! but with J wasn't too bad at all. With A we were adamant only 2 newborn periods then be done, but with J and seeing things aren't so rough we could see us having a third. Now.... We have had to deal with a ton of illnesses and I have yet to sttn but this time wasn't nearly as difficult as A.

I have to work full time 3 shifts/week for the next 2 years to pay off my hospital bills from surgery last fall, so the boys are in daycare : and we can't afford 3 in daycare since cars situation would have to be reevaluated for 3 carseats ... So the earliest we are considering would be when A is 4 or 5 getting pregnant that way I could be working part time/ prn again and back to being sahm most of the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would actually love to have 4 total but right now it's not going to happen.  Like you I didn't have the easiest pregnancies or deliveries (but both were vaginal).  We actually have room in our house for a 4th bedroom and could make a 5th if needed but the other stuff is too much.  The costs of DC, needing new car(s), even things like needing a new kitchen table or replacing the recliners with a couch.  

We have tabled the discussion until J is in kindergarten at least - which is about when my Mirena would need to come out anyway.  

image   image

• HELLZ to the NO.  That is all.  Smile

• I am currently pg with #2 and this is a tough topic for me. Parenthood is kicking my a$$ way more than I ever anticipated. I have a child that's never been a good sleeper and the toddler phase is SO tough on my logical left-brained personality.

However, when I picture our family years from now, 2 kids just seems so small! I had 4 girls in my family growing up and whiel I know 4 is too many for me, I really thought I wanted 3.

Ugh, but if I have another c/s or if we have another girl, I don't know that we'd go for a 3rd. (DH doesn't want to "risk" 3 girls, lol).

I just hate not knowing if this is my last pregnancy!

• imagemsualum96:
    HELLZ to the NO.  That is all.  Smile

Kinda this! 

In an ideal world, maybe I would want a third, but realistically, I don't. Our house would be too small & it definitely wouldn't be a good move financially.

MH wants more thoughTongue Tied

• Right now we're sticking to 2.  Deep down I know I want one more but I really want to wait until both boys are more independent, as in both in school.  So if we have more, it'll be in 4 or 5 years.
  • Glad I'm not the only one who's on the fence! I'm like 85% sure I want one more- DS1 would be in kindy and DS2 would be 3.5, so better than 23m apart with these guys! But life is finally getting easier now... Do I really want to start over? Plus DH just turned 39 yesterday- he's not sure he wants kids in his 40's!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm pregnant with #2 and want a third. DH said he wanted to start trying for a third when #2 is 7-8 months old, umm no. I said we at least have to wait until #2 is a year. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePGASTL:

I am currently pg with #2 and this is a tough topic for me. Parenthood is kicking my a$$ way more than I ever anticipated. I have a child that's never been a good sleeper and the toddler phase is SO tough on my logical left-brained personality.

However, when I picture our family years from now, 2 kids just seems so small! I had 4 girls in my family growing up and whiel I know 4 is too many for me, I really thought I wanted 3.

Ugh, but if I have another c/s or if we have another girl, I don't know that we'd go for a 3rd. (DH doesn't want to "risk" 3 girls, lol).

I just hate not knowing if this is my last pregnancy!

My DH is afraid that we are going to have three girls too, lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've been discussing this topic since #2 was born. There's so much more involved in having the 3rd like you said: fitting 3 in the car, bedroom situations, there's no way we could afford 3 in DC but #1 will be in Kindy come fall. We are considering TTC in the summer but still aren't 100% yet. We're trying to make the decision soon though because I need to pull my IUD and get my body cycling again if that's the case. Our room situation is a little weird. We have 2 bedrooms up, 3 down (although 1 is an office) If we have a 3rd, do we have 2 kids share a bedroom upstairs or put the baby down here with us for a while, or move the oldest downstairs with the 2 youngers up? Ugh, just don't know! When we bought the house we thought we were done at 2..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"